Caleb's not as famous sister

Thread: Caleb's not as famous sister

DefaultCaleb's not as famous sister

Thought I would share a photo I just got of Caleb's sister, Jazz. Her fields of excellence are hunt tests and now agility although her enthusiasm costs her some knocked bars which we are working on......however in 95 degree temps last Sat. she had a 23 second jumpers run (with a knocked bar unfortunately) and in looking at the class times there was only one dog faster (an aussie). If she and I get our act together she could be capable of a MACH although I am likely the one who will hold her back from that as handling a dog like her is trickier than the other dogs I have been running.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Caleb's not as famous sister

She's a pretty girl. I know how hard it can be to contain that Lab excitement myself. ;D

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Great job running in the heat. My labs won't do it. They melt Around my area most trials are in the spring and fall. In the summer the circuit moves down to the enclosed, air conditioned arenas in Georgia

Good to meet Jazz. You look a lot like Caleb

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Great job running in the heat. My labs won't do it. They melt Around my area most trials are in the spring and fall. In the summer the circuit moves down to the enclosed, air conditioned arenas in Georgia

My other Lab, Cori, has been wilting at the outdoor trials and around here (WI) many of the trials are outside this time of year up until early Oct. (we've had frost on the ground at that trial though in the past as well as 70 degree days other years!). Now at last year's national it was 40s and misting and she q'd no problem. I am now going to only enter her one day at outside trials and maybe in just preferred or fast novice which I did for next weekend (she is in excellent otherwise) since we can't predict the weather 4 to 6 weeks in advance when entries are due .
    She had a perfectly clean run in Excellent Standard last Friday but temp as mid-80s and she was 7 seconds over time. Had she been entered for Sat. or Sun (when it was almost 100 degrees) I would have pulled her.
    The other option is there are a few more indoor air conditioned trials now within a 2 hour drive so we are entering her in those. As I said, Jazz could care less what the temp is -- she is so intense on getting to the equipment she ignores everything else.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I wondered if that was Jazz when I was in your website!!!!!! Deb, that is awesome about her time! I know what you mean about the handler holding back--that is how I feel about Caleb and an OTCh. :
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan - You and Caleb are a cinch for an OTCH. Don't think otherwise. You are already 1/3 there with your Open B win and that was - um - what - one week after his UD? As Caleb gains confidence in Utility - the wins and points will come there as well.
    I went to the Cleveland All Breed Agility Trial this weekend to be a Gate Steward and because I really needed an Agility fix. All my buddies asked where Shamrock was and I had to say he's doing this UDX thing and so no agility until that's done. Bummer for me. I wish I had known about agility when I was 20 years younger and 20 pounds lighter. Shamrock loves it and he would have been great with a good handler. We've had fun but I knew a MACH was never going to be in our future. I'm hoping we can go back for a little while after Terry finishes Shamrock's UDX although he may decide no agility until an OTCH if he thinks that's a reachable goal. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    Susan - You and Caleb are a cinch for an OTCH. Don't think otherwise. You are already 1/3 there with your Open B win and that was - um - what - one week after his UD? As Caleb gains confidence in Utility - the wins and points will come there as well.
    Oh, Betsy, we're not even close to being 1/3 the way there! We have 2 points and we need 100! And then we need a first place in Utility and then one more in either. You're so sweet!!!! The UDX is my immedate goal.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Susan - I know - but I think you & Caleb have a great career ahead of you with much success. He works so well in Open and will in Utility too as his confidence grows. I know 100 points is a lot - but I do see it happening for you. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    Susan - I know - but I think you & Caleb have a great career ahead of you with much success. He works so well in Open and will in Utility too as his confidence grows. I know 100 points is a lot - but I do see it happening for you. B
    Good, Betsy! You can be the one who keeps me encourage that it might be possible. I just don't see it! I'm still working towards the goal of the UDX--to get that consistancy to qualify in both! The placements and other 98 points do seem rather unobtainable right now.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Susan - One step at a time. Aren't you just going to start your UDX legs this weekend? I think Terry has done very well with Shamrock considering he got his UD in May and has 4 UDX legs. Its been about a 50-50 success ratio. I hope it continues to go so well - we've had friends whose pups started out in UDX well and then something happened and they didn't work as well. I think those points will come as Caleb enjoys himself more and you then you will too and when you both relax and are showing with great confidence - OTCH guaranteed. B
    Betsy