Polish Obedience (video)

Thread: Polish Obedience (video)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultPolish Obedience (video)

I really enjoy watching dog obedience from other areas of the world. I believe this is in Poland. I really like the exercises where they heel around a square and leave the dog. This would be a fun thing to do in practice.

Enjoy the video. It's a bit dark and sometimes out of focus, but you can see what's going on. This team does an excellent job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPfIR...elated&search=

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Polish Obedience (video)

Very cool! It looks like the title of the video is Class 2. I wonder if that means 2nd level of obedience (ie AKC Open) since it looks like it combines Open and Utility exercises?

Every time I watch one of the videos from Europe, like this one or the Crufts videos, I'm in awe of these teams. They heel so much closer over there. They wouldn't get away with it here. They'd be marked for bumping, crowding, and impeding the handler's movement. That's why our teams have to retrain heeling just to compete in Crufts. Personally I like the close heeling and would love to be penalized for bumping and crowding just once. ;D

patm is offline Senior Member

Personally I'd like to have Emilu heel close enough to me to actually make contact with me! She's usually 2 steps away or 2 steps behind me :-\ (I'll check out the video at work - dial-up here at home )

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    Very cool! It looks like the title of the video is Class 2. I wonder if that means 2nd level of obedience (ie AKC Open) since it looks like it combines Open and Utility exercises?

Every time I watch one of the videos from Europe, like this one or the Crufts videos, I'm in awe of these teams. They heel so much closer over there. They wouldn't get away with it here. They'd be marked for bumping, crowding, and impeding the handler's movement. That's why our teams have to retrain heeling just to compete in Crufts. Personally I like the close heeling and would love to be penalized for bumping and crowding just once. ;D
    Did you see how forged that dog was a lot of the time though, too. They'd nail that too!

Fun to watch! That moving stand and then walking around would be great proofing for the moviing stand, etc.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

I'll have to watch from home - work blocks these sites.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Don't plan on getting into trials. Sounds like a good thing. I come home with hair all over my leg. Riley bumps me every 10 ft or so. But I always know where he is.