Back From Canada!

Thread: Back From Canada!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultBack From Canada!

Just got back and wanted to check in quick here (will check in every else tomorrow!). Well, it sure didn't start well at all! Dropped the bell and stood there sniffing it (realized the judge was holding it by the dowel so from now on I will make sure I touch it there before I throw it!). With the same judge he finished himself on the ROH both times! Very first run Caleb went down on the long sit! GREAT! Way too far of a drive to deal with this, but certainly was humbling!

Next run we got our first leg. Next day we got our second leg and won a run-off for third place. Got our title with a second place!!! WHOO HOO!!! Caleb now has his Canadian CDX!

Since we finished I moved him up to Utility for today. Our first run was starting out so lovely but he did not do the go-outs. So I went out and worked him right after and then did some go-outs right before we went in and we got our first Canadian UD leg and a second place. I guess most of the competitors in Canada don't care for this judge, and I can see why. She's nice enough but she took points off for stuff that I know Caleb didn't do wrong. Oh well. Our first leg. Oh, on the go-outs he went all the way out and turned and just stood there. Did not walk in but turn and stood waiting to see what was next. Boy was I happy! NOT ONE STEP IN!!!!!!!!! HUGE IMPROVEMENT!

Got to meet Henry and his Mom! What a sweetheart she is!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Back From Canada!

Congrats on the new title and the first UD leg!!! ;D Sounds like you had a good weekend!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats on the title and leg

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CONGRATULATIONS Susan and Caleb on your CDX and on your first UD leg!!!! ;D

It was soo nice meeting you both and after a weekend of watching you and Caleb, and the other competitors in Open and Utility, have really given us something to strive for!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Congrats Susan and Caleb!!!

I can just imagine how humbling that experience was the first day... but you redeemed yourselves!!! Good job on the Canadian CDX and your UD leg!

Glad you saw the judge handling the dumbbell by the bar, I don't know if I would have caught that one. For some reason I've always rubbed my hands on the bar, even in Open. I think it's a nervous thing with me

Woohoo! Congrats on the new title and leg. Not to bad for a weekend's work if you ask me. ;D

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan - WOW - you and Caleb just keep adding those achievements to your portfolio. Sounds like a shaky start that turned out GREAT. Canadian CDX and one Canadian UD leg. Guess it was worth the trip!! And the chair with picture is wonderful. Can't wait to see you and get all the details. Will you be showing in Canfield? T's next show is Medina 7/21 & 7/22. I will not be there but I will be in Canfield. Wauseon shows were OK - Thursday Shamrock did OK but Friday - yikes. Missed the 2nd article in Utility and what worried Terry was that he just went out and got it - not too much sniffing to find the right one. He used the same set of articles two days in a row - says he will not do that again. Open - which I didn't see - was bad. Bad heeling, bad DOR, just bad. The odd thing is - Shamrock who almost never barks - did bark two times, quite insistently and at the same dog, while he was in his crate. I told Terry maybe by Open he was just really bothered by something. In Open A & B on Friday - only 1 dog Q'd of about 11 or 12 so something was bothering lots of the dogs. A couple are usuallly steady performers so who knows. Very peculiar. Anyway - mega congrats on your Canadian CDX. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    Will you be showing in Canfield?
    Man, sounds like it was an interesting show up there! Strange!

Yes, I'll be at Canfield Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We're doing Marion the weekend before and then Queen City. Labor Day weekend we're going up to Chelsea, MI for the four days of showing. Got to get going on that UDX! If we can get it together to qualify in both! I know we'll get there eventually.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan - I'll look forward to Canfield then. Terry is doing Medina 7/21 & 7/28; then the 4 days in Canfield, then Admiral Perry in Erie and then I am not so sure what we will do early in Sept. I know Terry wants to keep working on UDX legs. Would be nice if somewhere in all of that he could get a couple of firsts for an OTCH plus points. Shamrock has to improve his fronts and finsihes before that will happen.
    Looking forward to seeing you and catching up. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    not so sure what we will do early in Sept. I know Terry wants to keep working on UDX legs.
    That is why we're going to the Chelsea, MI shows Labor Day weekend--four days of being able to show in one place to work on those UDX legs. Looks like we'll be heading to Huron River, too.
    Susan

www.labmed.org