Yeah!! we got our 2nd Novice Jumpers Leg!!

Thread: Yeah!! we got our 2nd Novice Jumpers Leg!!

DefaultYeah!! we got our 2nd Novice Jumpers Leg!!

I am begining to think we just might be able to get a Jumpers title. It was kinda scary though because Amber was really calm while we were waiting at the gate and at the entrance to the jumpers course. I was begining to wonder if something was wrong with her but she seemed alert and attentive just strangely calm. I took her into the ring and told her to "sit" and she did. I led out from her to between the 1st and 2nd jump and she wasn't quivering or leaning forward or scooting just watching me. I said "Over" and she was off and running!! She passed me by the time I had two steps and was taking direction well. Three jumps tunnel three more jumps back into the tunnel then into the weave poles and she barked at every weave!! It was that frustrated why do I have to slow down to weave bark..Then over three jumps in a pin wheel and one more jump and back into the tunnel and then the really hard 90 degree turn and over the last jump. She covered 124 yards in just over 22 seconds, for about 5.55 yards per second! Of all the dogs that ran Novice Jumpers in any height class(about 60) Amber had the fastest time!!
    I really need to film and Utube some runs. You people could get a good laugh out of me trying to keep up with her!!
    Thanks for everyones support

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Yeah!! we got our 2nd Novice Jumpers Leg!!

congrats on the leg

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Congrats! One more leg to go!! When is your next trial??

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Congrats! Was this at Wags?

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Congratulations. Sounds like you had a great weekend.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Yes this was at Wags were we finished our Fast title and got the Jumpers leg. It was amazing being there with 6 rings going at once!! The rings are in the center of a field that is shapped like a bowl. there are about 1000 permenant seats all around the sides of the bowl/field and there were alot of spectators. The field is pretty nice grass with very good traction. The judges and gate stewards were very good about conflicts running all the dogs in order and then running through the entire order again for any dogs that missed their runs and then even doing a final 3rd run for any dogs that still had missed out. They even called a couple of people over the loadspeakers that had checked in but not shown up for their runs before they tore down the rings at the end of the day. It was definately a day for the competitors being pampered. There was a dog toy at check in for every entered dog and another toy if you got first. They had security at the covered horse arena that they let us set up our crates and x-pens in. It was one of the most organized events I have been to. I know last year they made over $100,000 fo the make a wish foundation, hopefully this year they made even more.
    I don't know what show I am going to next, it might be September before my next show unless I decide to brave the summer heat or go up the coast to a cooler area.

Thanks Everyone

Kelly and Amber

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Great! Congrats!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

WOW, congratulations! Videos would be great ;D

We're going to a couple trials in Camarillo/Ventura and one in Costa Mesa. Other places are just too hot for my old Dusty to get any MACh points

I just looked at the schedule and decided to try the South Coast show in Costa Mesa on the 11th and 12th of August. So hopefully I will see you there. And hopefully we can get our last leg in Novice jumpers. Then if we can just get a TD we will have our VCD 1...Ahh to hope and dream...

Kelly and Amber