Rally question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rally question

DefaultRe: Rally question

Monte was hilarious on Saturday!! He sooo wanted to shag Henery, much to Mary Lou's dismay. Apparently he did well in conformation though?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I entered her anyways at the show in Marshall MI for Advanced, as we'll be there anyways showing. If there is a broad jump, we'll see!
    Melissa, are you at the Marshall shows this weekend? (July 13-15) or the ones at the begining of August? I am/will be at both!

I have seen them used in Advanced, but not often. They take up more space than the bar or high jump, and space is a real premium in most Rally rings. One trial I was at gave the dogs about 5 feet from a halt to get going fro a broad jump. O.K. for the small dogs, but a lot tougher for the big dogs. They practically had to jump from a stand still!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

It wasn't the broad but one trial there was a halt right after the high jump--right where Caleb landed! Talk about tight! He landed and sat. I was amazed! Some judges are doing tighter courses to not have so many 100's.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

You guys will all have to come and train at my training club! Our instructor has just received his judging liscence and he makes INSANE courses! I'll have to scan the maps so you can see...lots of things to trip me up! All of the actual times I have entered a trial, the courses have been hysterically simple.

As for the broad jump, by golly she's got it! We entered Novice A obedience at a match and she did well with a 197.5 and then in Open she did the broad jump but not the retrieves (that's my girl, at least she's predictible) and stayed on the OOsights.

We are going to the show in Marshall on August 4, I think, can't wait to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    Our instructor has just received his judging liscence and he makes INSANE courses! I'll have to scan the maps so you can see...lots of things to trip me up! All of the actual times I have entered a trial, the courses have been hysterically simple.
    Now, I don't have my judge's license but my students tell me my courses are so hard but then then come and thank me when they go to a trial cause then those are so simple. Always make training difficult enough that it makes the ring look easy!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

The course we had today had a 360* so close to the broad jump that the dog really had to pivot around the handler tight, side stepping with their hind end to avoid either jumping the broad jump or stepping on it. The bar jump had a 270* turn within 10 feet on the other side, so the dog really had to be under control...especially since the Honor dog was on the other side of the 270* sign!

Quote Originally Posted by lcspt
    I've trained for it and have my students train for it but I don't think I had seen it in the courses we ran for our titles but did see it at All Stars. Part of the reason is the judges use the same jump twice in excellant.
    Yes, we have had the broad jump at least once. Also, we have been in a rally excellent course where they had both the bar and the high jump -- you took the one then did a 90 degree turn and took the other.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

Hey Deb, that course we had at Winnebago was sure a tight course! By the time Caleb landed from the jump we were at the pivot right sign! I was amazed he did it!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12