Yeah!! we finally got our NF title!

Thread: Yeah!! we finally got our NF title!

Default Yeah!! we finally got our NF title!

We ran the FAST class today at Wags and finished out our FAST Novice title (NF). I forgot to move up for tomorrow but thats OK it would just be one more conflict. Our Runs in Novice Jumpers was quickly over she took off and never looked back at me so she took the wrong jump at #3 while I was waiting at the correct #3 jump..lol In Open STD. she missed the weave pole entrance bt went back and did it correctly. I screwed up a little later and she took out a tripple jump (yes all 3 bars). so I ended it there and checked her for injury. She was fine just a little embarassed..
    So her new name is now Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA NA NF WC CGC and SW (Sock Wizzard)

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Yeah!! we finally got our FN title!

wooooooohooooooooo congrats to you both

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

CONGRATS!!! But what is FAST Novice?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Congrats!!! Nice going I've not run the FAST class yet. I've not even seen it run yet. I won't be trialing until this fall... I'll give it a go then

Yay Amber, congrats on the title! ;D I think it's NF not FN ...

debjen is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    CONGRATS!!! But what is FAST Novice?
    FAST is the newest AKC agility titling class.

Dang it is NF not FN I guess I got to excited..lol No wonder I always try and run the courses backwards..

FAST stands for "Fifteen And Send Time" it is a new titling class in agility. There are 15 pointed obstacles 6 one pt obstacles and then 9 obstacles with pts from 2-10. there is also a send portion that you must do consisting of 2 or 3 obstacles and a line that you can't cross that keeps you from 5-20 feet from the obstacles (distance for novice is 5-10 feet). you can do any obstacles in any order but you must complete the send to qualify. you don't hae to do every obstacle but you do have to get 50 pts total to qualify in novice. you get a 20pt bonus for doing the send correctly. You have a set amount of time for your run 32 seconds in the 20-26" regular classes and 35 seconds in the prefered class. you cannot get anymore pts after the time runs out and you lose 1 pt for every second over time . There is a finish jump that stops the clock. If you knock a bar you don't get pts for that obstacle but aren't NQ'ed unless it is in the Send portion of the course. There are no refusals or wrong courses except for the send portion. You can do the send at any time durring your run. If you miss a contact you can redo the contact after you do another jump or tunnel or weaves unless it was in the send. Its a very fast paced "Game"? and alot of fun.
    So far about 50% of the dogs at shows I have been to seem to be entering FAST.

Kelly and Amber

Kelly and Amber