Results from the Sarnia KC show!! :) (UPDATED: Sunday results!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results from the Sarnia KC show!! :) (UPDATED: Sunday results!)

DefaultResults from the Sarnia KC show!! :) (UPDATED: Sunday results!)

Hi everyone!!

Well, we're back! Henery did AWESOME today!! We ran Rally Novice this morning and scored a 97 , which was good enough for 2nd place!!

AND he managed to keep his bum on the mat for the sit for exam in PreNovice, which, if that was the only exercise he passed, would have been enough for me!!! ;D But he passed everything else, and we qualified for our very first PreNovice leg!!! WOOHOO!!! I'm sooo proud of him! He did give me a bit of a scare during the long sit when he decided to look at the dog on his right... then to the one on his left... and then sniff the air (kid eating french fries behind him!)!!

Susan and Caleb were leaving around the time we did, so I'll let her update you all on Caleb's accomplishments!!

Here is a pic of Henery with today's ribbons!!

************************************************** *************************************

Hi everyone!!

Henery and I went down to the Sarnia Kennel Club show today! Henry ran in Rally Novice A this morning, and we came in 3rd with a score of 95!! ;D We tied the 2nd place team in points, but they outran us by mere seconds. :-\

This afternoon was our very first time in an obedience ring, getting our feet (and paws!) wet in PreNovice!! Eeep!!

Henry did great in the heeling pattern (I had been worried about his sits... he tends to swing his rear out), and in the circle left/circle right. In class we had only practiced this exercise with pylons, not real people, so I was worried Henery might steal a sniff or two of the living breathing "pylons"... but he did awesome!!

Then came the dreaded sit for exam. Henry hates getting his head touched, so the past few weeks I've been working on clicking&treating whenever he lets someone pat his head (and not so much concentrating on him keeping his bum down during this). He does fine with people he knows, but we're still working on it from strangers.

Anywho, Henery sits, I go out to the end of the leash, the happy jovial judge comes along, pats a still-sitting Henry on the head... but then... rubs his back!! Well! Henery leapt up, tail and back end wagging madly. Sigh... I love that he's happy, but stay means stay! Monkey!!

On to the recall, which Henry aces. He also nailed the long sit! YEAH!!

Needless to say, we have much work to do, but I'm sooo proud of him for doing so well our first time in!! We just recently started formal obedience training, and I want it to be fun for him. Plus, I'm hoping the off-leash component in novice will help with the off-leash in rally advanced!!

AND....

WE MET SUSAN AND CALEB!!!! Susan (yellow boys mom) is sooo nice and Caleb is such a sweetie! I watched them in their first trial of Open B, and they came in 3rd!! WOOHOO! I'm not sure how they did in their second trial, as it was still running when we left.

AND...

Melissa (luvmydogz2much)'s Ruby's littermate, Monte, ran rally with us and came in 4th!!

Well, we're back again tomorrow!!

Here's a pic of Henery with his rally ribbon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Results from the Sarnia KC show!! :)

Congratulations. Now you're hooked.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Wow, it sounds like you did an EXCELLENT job!!! And thank you for the update on Susan and Caleb, I've been wondering how they were doing up there. Henery is doing great. How old it he now? I have Remington entered in his first match next weekend. We have to do a stand for exam, not sit. He's been doing it pretty well at home. His heeling sucks, we have a LONG way to go yet.

I know you will be so ready to do your next trial. Continued good luck with Mr. Henery!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Henery looks very dignified with his ribbon!!! What a pretty ribbon, too!

Linda, Henery is 4 and a few months! We got a late start... LOL!! We started last year in CARO and AKC rally, and now that the CKC has approved it, we can now compete in CKC rally! I was in Hamburg last Sept for AKC rally and some friends of ours were doing obedience... that's where the bug bit!!

The sit for exam is only in PreNovice here, from Novice on up it's the traditional stand for exam.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Results from the Sarnia KC show!! :) (UPDATED: Sunday results!)

Congrats again Felicia!!!! And it was so fun to meet you and Henry!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Congrats! Henery looks very proud of himself. ;D

I have a question. You mentioned a pre-novice leg. Can you title in Pre-Novice in Canada?

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    Can you title in Pre-Novice in Canada?
    Yes, it is a titled class in Canada
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Felicia and Henery - Ah your success will now suck you into the wondederful world of Dog Obedience. Congratulations on achieving what your goals were. I love the pic of Henery with his twp ribbons - he looks like a great pup. He has that a little bit sad but very dignified lab look that my older guy has. And he looks like he's full of love - what a doll. Continued success on this path - Betsy
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast