Wow, big Rally changes coming....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, big Rally changes coming....

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultWow, big Rally changes coming....

Just reading over the AKC site. Some big changes coming in Rally.

All the 'A' classes are now a designation of the dog, not handlers, status. So even if you, the handler, have showed thru OTCH, you can start a new puppy in Rally Novice A class...

There will be some non-regular Rally classes, including Rally Pairs class (where you take two dogs through the course at one time, like Brace in Obedience).

There will be Rally Team class -- a team of handlers/dogs run the course one at a time and the timer runs continously for all the team members. The team with the best score and lowest time wins.

Rally Plus -- puts in quite a few of the standard obedience exercises, such as Recall and Stand For Exam.

This will be a nice addition to the regular Rally classes, and will really help young dogs or dogs that are having problems in the obedience ring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Wow, big Rally changes coming....

Sounds interesting ........... I saved the Gazette with the Rally rules changes that will be in effect Jan 1, 2008. Off to check out what you found.

Couldn't find it ......... could you post a link. Thanks.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

They have also refined/better defined many of the exercises and have identified the principle parts (the parts that must be done correctly or NQ). I also remember a change about the honor exercise being done differently (at the end of the 6' leash I think). I can't find the link right now either. :-\

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

They've talked about the changes alot on my Rally forum. I haven't really studied them yet -figured I wait until closer to the time that they actually make them. I'm going to be doing a bit of showing before then and don't want to get them mixed up!

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Yes, my instructor has been commenting on a lot of the changes. I guess currently for honor they can have your dog in a down right next to you. They are changing that so that you will not have to be next to the dog. If I understand what she explained anyway this would keep the dog from wanting to go into a sit since that is naturally what they do when they are next to you.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Linda, I think that's how they do it here in Canada for CKC (but not CARO)... where the A/B designation is on the dog, not the handler.

This morning in our rally trial, there was a lady who showed 3 dogs, 1 in novice A, and 2 in novice B. In CARO (Canadian Association of Rally Obedience) rules, she would have only been able to show in novice B, as she's obviously put a title on one (or more) of her dogs.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Yes, I had to show both Magnum and Ruger in Rally Novice B because we'd already completed our CD title. Then the same in Rally Advanced and Excellent, I had to run in the B classes.

With Remington I will be able to run him in the A classes. Not that it really matters in the big scheme of things, but I always thought it was weird if your dog had never done it before... they should be in A classes.

Quote Originally Posted by dakkerdog
    If I understand what she explained anyway this would keep the dog from wanting to go into a sit since that is naturally what they do when they are next to you.
    Actually I think they are doing it at the end of the lead to prepare teams for Pre-Novice where all sits/downs are done at the end of the lead.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I still have not absorbed the current Rally rules. I just never got that into reading them...I sort of just did the rally by following what others were doing LOL

So we just finished our Rally Novice Title, showing in B, yesterday. So does this mean by the time I am ready for the next level we can do it in A?

And I am gathering correctly, that when I start with my Rhumba when she is old enough we can now do Rally Novice A even if we have titled a dog in Rally and in regurlar obedience??
    Kim

The next level would have always been A unless the dog has an obedience title. The new rule applies to Novice only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast