Moose had a great run thru at class - maybe I can get a CD with him

Thread: Moose had a great run thru at class - maybe I can get a CD with him

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultMoose had a great run thru at class - maybe I can get a CD with him

We had our last class for the current session we are in so the instructor setup a small match. She used the official scoring sheets and we did the full run thru. I really wasn't expected a lot from Moose so it was such a pleasure to see how well he did. We got a 191!!! I was thrilled - he did great off heel. He lagged a little but as soon as I picked up the pace he got in line.

Makes me think that maybe going for the CD right now might be easier than the Rally Advanced.

Our club has an official match the first weekend of August so if he does well again I may just go ahead and enter a trial.

Can't say the same for Sky. Her recall is just the end of her - we lost 30 pts because she wouldn't move unless I gave her a release command. I definately do think her calling is going to be agility.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Moose had a great run thru at class - maybe I can get a CD with him

That is wonderful! Nice way to end the session!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Go for it.

I've always found that dogs tend to do the off leash heeling much better than on leash. With both of my dogs, they scored higher in novice offleash than on. Go figure

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Way to go, Moose!!

Go for it, Sharon! I bet you guys will be awesome!! We're doing the same thing... working on our CD before trying rally advanced! (I must admit the whole off leash thing in RA has got me freaked!)

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Good luck with whatever you decide. We're at the same point with Hudler. Do we go for the CD or do the RA? There aren't too many shows coming up until later next month, and I still want to finish Grace off first...

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Our club has a match the first weekend in August so I'm going to see how we do with doing a CD leg and then decided. If he does well again I may just opt for that first. It is just hard to remember that I can't talk like you do in rally

I won't enter any shows until the end of September. I'm sure this won't happen, but if he were to Q in the shows I picked out for the fall we could have a chance at getting his CD at the Lab Specialty in November. I'd just be happy to get a leg at a specialty - I'm definately hooked on just the lab shows for sure.

I'll be testing Sky for her CGC at the August match. That I know she will do good at.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky