Susan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Susan

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultSusan

Wow, just looking on infodogs for shows in Ohio. You guys have one practically every weekend thru the summer. I'm so jealous.

We have one in July five hours from me. And that's it until November.

It will take me forever to get a UD

I sure hope Ruger will live long enough :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Susan

I too noticed all the shows in OH, but I don't know which ones are localish to me...ie. in the north west of the state.

Any Ohians to help out? I'd love to head down that way!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Yes, we have a lot of shows in our area. I guess that is why we also have so many of the top teams. I am showing Caleb about every other weekend right now. Thursday I leave for Canada to try for his Canadian CDX. Then we'll be showing the end of this month for the first try of our UDX. Then I have a few in August and September. Actually I do try to show him about twice amonth. See if you were still up here by your sister you could be showing almost every weekend, too!

Still planning on coming down in January for yours again. You have such a great group of people!

Also, Lew has an assignment for you. I told him about our training day and he came back with he'll just golf around you somewhere. So, he'll need a list of courses around you. Then he said he wants something with fast greens. : Whatever that is! : So, if you can get a list I can drop him off and then head to your place for our training day. Then we can have another fun day if it works out!

I really like your new siggy picture!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    I too noticed all the shows in OH, but I don't know which ones are localish to me...ie. in the north west of the state.

Any Ohians to help out? I'd love to head down that way!
    Toldeo area would be good for you. Cleveland is about two hours away from Toledo and Cleveland All-Breed is wonderful. I will probably come up for the February shows at Toledo but I can't make their summer trial.

You had mentioned that we could stay with you--if you wanted to come to Cleveland All-Breed or Youngstown All-Breed (which is about 45 minutes from me to the east) you and Ruby could stay here (as long as she isn't in season ;D )

The Crown Classic is a fun place to show but it is Cleveland in December. I stay up there at a friend's house.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

LOL thanks Susan, but if Ruby is in season she won't be competing right?

She did well (her 1st time without me) at the Crown classic last year, but this year that will be when she is bred. She's at 9 points and I would really like her to finish before then, but those major clusters (in IN the weekend before) make it tempting to put the breeding off until next spring...hmmm decisions!

We'll be on Monroe MI this weekend, about 5 mins from Toledo, so that's close right?

LOL thanks Susan, but if Ruby is in season she won't be competing right?
    Duh! : Ok, I can blame it on being blond or claim a senior moment! Gee, do you think I have had boys for a while?!

We'll be on Monroe MI this weekend, about 5 mins from Toledo, so that's close right?
    Might be a bit more than 5 minutes from Toledo but it is close. In September I'll probably be there in Monroe for the Huron River Lab Specialty. Their obedience is indoors. Rare for a Lab Specialty!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

We'll be at Huron River! Yeah! We get to play in front of Susan and Caleb!

We'll be at Huron River! Yeah! We get to play in front of Susan and Caleb!
    Neat! I might be vending, too! I know quite a few people who are planning on being there. It should be a really fun weekend! I'll have to drive up late Thursday since my classes will be in session. I'm getting excited about going up there!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

Hey! I'm planning on going to the Huron specialty too - it's fairly close to my parents (as is Toledo - I've shown there several times now). Emilu and I are probably going to compete in our first "real " obedience show! I'm just trying to decide if I should enter her in both the lab specialty obedience and the regular one later that day. I guess if she does really bad in the specialty I could scratch the secondd one (don't you love my positive attitude? )

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    Hey! I'm planning on going to the Huron specialty too - it's fairly close to my parents (as is Toledo - I've shown there several times now). Emilu and I are probably going to compete in our first "real " obedience show! I'm just trying to decide if I should enter her in both the lab specialty obedience and the regular one later that day. I guess if she does really bad in the specialty I could scratch the secondd one (don't you love my positive attitude? )
    Pat how fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes when there is a specialty within a couple hundred miles the all-breed cannot allow the specialty breed to be entered. So, most likely at the all-breed you won't be able to show. I know I thought about that too. Will have to see what the premium list says when it comes out.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast