Directed jumping

Thread: Directed jumping

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultDirected jumping

I met my friend last night and we ran our older dogs through open and utility. At the end we introduced directed jumping to Bo. He did really well and didn't hestitate to jump over either jump.

I'm headed out this afternoon with both dogs for a dog show tomorrow southeast of DC. Kona and I are continuing our UDX Quest.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Directed jumping

I know the OTCh trainer I work with has everything introduced and foundations laid before she even walks into the Novice ring! Good boy Bo!

Do well this weekend! How many legs do you have?
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Continued good luck on the UDX

Directed jumping has never been our problem...it's the go-outs that kill us

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boys Mom
    I know the OTCh trainer I work with has everything introduced and foundations laid before she even walks into the Novice ring! Good boy Bo!

Do well this weekend! How many legs do you have?
    We have one leg from the Potomac.

I am going to try to train Bo similar to Connie Cleveland's progression of skills. When I was cleaning the articles last night Bo wanted them and I let him take a metal and he held it without hesitation.

My plans for Bo are to do Rallly (all three levels) before he goes into the Novice ring. His debut in that might be at the 2009 Potomac!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

That is what I'm going to do with Remington as well... using Rally as a stepping stone to Novice. It's nice to have that now. When I competed with Magnum and then Ruger, we didn't have Rally

Sandra Ladwig does all the ground work as well. I will be introducing Remington to the dumbbell in a couple more lessons, and also the broad jump. He can already jump a bar jump (from our agility classes) and we will take that and work it so it can be directional.

I just wish I had more focus from him... but I have to stop and realize he's a puppy!!

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I just wish I had more focus from him... but I have to stop and realize he's a puppy!!
    I have to remind myself often when I'm working with Bo that it's not Kona on the end of the leash. I'm taking Bo to our beginner obedience class (geared for pet owners but gives them a base to go on if they choose to) this session and next to work on heeling and attention with all the young crazy dogs that are in our class. Plus I will use that time to teach him some basic manners with other dogs and going in and out of buildings.

Linda, Kona and Bo