One tired puppy...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One tired puppy...

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultOne tired puppy...

Early this morning I worked Ruger and Remington before it got too terribly hot.

Remington worked on heeling, fronts, finishes, recall, and we introduced STAND. The stand is not going well. I'll have to keep working through it. ;D

Mom watched us work and she said, "He doesn't look dumb. He looks like he's really trying!!" (Yes, I do tell folks Rems isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch ... bad me.)

After our workout, we all went swimming.

Remington has crash landed on his bed and hasn't gotten up since 1:00. It's now 2:30.

Yep, I tired puppy is a GOOD puppy!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: One tired puppy...

How old is he now? He seems like he's learning things really quickly!
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

He will be six months on July 3.

I've exposed him to a LOT of different things. He is smart... he picks stuff up quickly. We need to slow our focus now and really start to concentrate on getting more attention from him and perfecting stuff.

In agility he knows how to do all the obstacles (by name even) except weaves. I've introduced weaves to him but he's still pretty clueless on what to do there I guide him through.

He's running short sequences very well. He has no fear, which is why I love starting puppies on agility stuff early. Of course our jumps are on the ground or maybe three inches max, but it's enough to get him working through uprights and following me.

Obedience work leaves a lot to be desired. We are entered in a Match on July 15, so I want him to be as focused on that as he can be. I realize he's only six months old. We are going for the exposure

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

How fun!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Remy sounds pretty smart to me!! I wish I had exposed both our pups to Agility that early - it has to make a difference when they are just sopping up all kinds of lessons and info and want to learn. I'll bet you will do really well on the 15th - he must be light years ahead of his six month old peers.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's light years ahead of anyone :P
    We will be competing with all ages of dogs in Rally Novice and Pre-Novice. Not just six-month old dogs. I'm just hoping he doesn't bark his fool head off all day in the crate. He's never been crated at a show before This is basically for exposure. We'll do what we can do in the ring

Dani is offline Senior Member

Good luck. I have the opposite problem with Rookie. I can't get him to sit...but he knows stand very well. I want him to take his CGC soon...and we are going to run in a WC test in August...among the puppy matches he'll be entering before he can officially enter the ring on August 9.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Good luck with your CGC. And WC. The WC is a blast. I wish our local lab club would hold them again. I'd love to take Remington. But the club isn't doing them anymore. Glad I was able to get Ruger's WC when I did.

I was just thinking today that getting a CGC on Remington will take some work.. as we are having serious paw/nail issues right now. Hoping it's a phase he will outgrow!

Oh yeah, it took Ruger EIGHT times until he passed his CGC. He just could not do the "sit politely for petting" He mauled the evaluators with his love

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    as we are having serious paw/nail issues right now. Hoping it's a phase he will outgrow!
    That is why I was amazed that Caleb passed his! Shocked me! And he has not out-grown his!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Oh, Susan, don't tell me that. I'm so hoping this is a phase. He's horrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast