News Paper Article

Thread: News Paper Article

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultNews Paper Article

The pet reporter came and interviewed some of us at the building about Rally Obedience. It was finally in this past Saturday. The article actually features a really good friend of mine--it is her Golden that Caleb so loves. She in turn loves his stuffed duck!

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/enterta...m/17409010.htm
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: News Paper Article

Very nice article and lots of great publicity for you. ;D I loved the angle that the writer followed the duck.

The author had a fairly good understanding of Rally but I had to laugh at this quote though...

"While the action should be nicely paced, its execution is more relaxed than agility work, and the handler can talk, clap, use hand motions and dole out treats along the way. "

Rally is more relaxed than agility? I don't think so. You can use treats in Rally? I don't think so.

The very next paragraph she said "You can lose points because you're out of position, incorrectly perform the station or walk past a station or because you lack teamwork." That doesn't sound "relaxed" to me.

As you know it is sooooooooooo difficult to explain something to someone who has never seen a dog show and has absolutely no understanding. She certainly did get some things "confused!" Trust me, Caleb, Gambie and that duck are the running jokes at the building. She'll come in and be working with Jean and as soon as I get Caleb out of his x-pen, she'll run away from Jean and into the x-pen for that duck! Of course I usually forget to close the door after I get Caleb out. What a hoot! And Jean did get really mad at me one night cause I had used the duck again. Very next show there was not just one duck but two!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

What a nice article! (even with that "treat" mistake) I like how they described everything. I must say though - that golden would have been a goner had she stolen the duck out from under Emilu - that's what got us on "probation" at our club - nobody steals something away from Emilu!

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan - What a great article about all of you - sounds like Caleb and Gamble are great pals. I would be surprised if the person who wrote the article knows this but you can use treats in the ring in APDT Rally-O competitions - you just have to state whether you will or you won't when you enter and you cannot change your mind, at least for that trial. I've done a couple of APDT run thrus and some signs are a little different than AKC. I was going to try it with Doro but I don't think I will now. Anyway - the article was terrific - hope you get lots of new people signing up for classes. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    Susan - What a great article about all of you - sounds like Caleb and Gamble are great pals.
    Thanks!
    That is the Golden that Caleb obesses over!!!!
    ;D
    Susan

www.labmed.org