They done good

Thread: They done good

DefaultThey done good

Introducing

Meghan and Murray, JH-B!!!

Meghan finished her very first agility title with Murray this weekend. It is the USDAA Jr Handler Beginner Agility title which is a team title, not a dog's title. They finished with 2 gold medal runs (both clean). I have pictures with their medals but I haven't downloaded them yet. I'm also not sure how good they turned out. It was 9pm so the lighting outside wasn't good.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: They done good

That's wonderful! Congrats!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Congratulations Meghan and Murray! I can't wait to see the pictures. What a great job you guy are doing. I look forward to seeing more and more good things from you two

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

How wonderful! You must really be proud of her - I know would be ;D

So how does that work when she goes into the ring with Essy - does she earn another title as a seperate team?
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Quote Originally Posted by dakkerdog
    So how does that work when she goes into the ring with Essy - does she earn another title as a seperate team?
    Yes she will need to get the same titles with Essy as a team...Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, then Sr.

The USDAA jr program is really weird/unfair. I'm not sure they thought this thru. Basically, if some other jr wants to run Murray (or Essy), they would get the same title as a new team too. We've seen jrs competing with ADCH level dogs that don't even belong to anyone in their immediately family (think of it as an OTCH dog competing with a Novice A dog in obedience). In fact, my trainer's dog has been used for 3 jrs already and she doesn't even have kids of her own. I felt that it was unfair for Meghan to compete against dogs trained to that level when she is training Essy herself. They are BOTH rank beginners. That's why I finally said "fine, you can compete with Murray too." Now Murray is no where near ADCH quality but at least he knows what to do so only one member of the team is a beginner. At least that gives them a fighting chance. In fact, I was pretty proud when Meghan and Murray beat the ADCH dogs they were competing against. Meghan will still compete with Essy though because I think it will be good for them.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Wow Lydia, that does seem unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org