Another Good Weekend - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Good Weekend

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Another Good Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    I am going to report on how FABULOUS Susan and Caleb looked yesterday in Open B. They were so ON that anyone watching had to know how well they had done. I could not tell where (or how) they lost 1.5 points.
    Susan - Terry said to be sure to tell you he thinks you and Caleb could evenutally become one of the top obedience teams in the country. Soon, you and Caleb will perform in Utility like you do in Open and when that happens, we both think you will often be in the running for HIT and High Combined. Caleb is still young - only 4 1/2 right? As his confidence grows in Utility, so will his consistency.
    The best was when the judge said 1st place goes to the Labrador Retriever I knew it was Susan because even though my husband was in Open B too (and I might add won the run off for third place) I knew he hadn't taken 1st. I am not sure who was the more surprised - Susan or the #2 person who has done his share of winning and who the "buzz" thought had won the class. Very, very exciting !!!!
    Betsy you and Terry are sooooooooooo sweet!!! I was so glad to have you two and Sarah there yesterday. Just like when we got our first AKC HIT and Linda and Monnie were there. Another of Linda MacDonald's students was there who called Linda and told her about it including the look on my face! Lena e-mailed me and told me she's still laughing at that! When the judge called Terry in for the run-off I thought it must have been the two of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was warming Caleb up laughing to myself that the run-off would be between the two yellow boys! Guess I was wrong!

It is hard for me to imagine becoming that good Betsy. I look at the Freds, Bonnies etc and just cannot imagine being that good. I am so thrilled with my 198 1/2--I cannot imagine getting a 199 much less a 200 like they do on a regular basis! I do have to admit that our Utility run felt soooooooo good! It was the first Utility run that I can see I knew we were functioning as a team. Betsy, we blew a 197 when he did not do the go-out!!!! I was amazed when I got my break-down!

Anyway, thanks all!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ZRL
    raian: I think she Qed Saturday and NQed Sunday from the go-out...
    That is correct!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

CONGRATS!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    I am going to report on how FABULOUS Susan and Caleb looked yesterday in Open B. They were so ON that anyone watching had to know how well they had done. I could not tell where (or how) they lost 1.5 points.
    We lost 1/2 point on the heel free and 1 point on the roh--he ticked the jump.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan - I think you and Caleb will be as good as the Fred's and Bonnie's. I think Fred is wonderful - has some great training info and has been very kind and helpful to Terry but remember, he's shown TC for at least 3 or 4 years, and he's had other well performing dogs. Bonnie hasn't been involved as long as Fred but she is certainly intense about doing well. So let's say Caleb hadn't blown the go outs and lost one point on each - your score would have been 195 - and I'll just bet you would have been HC. Caleb is still young. He is very confident in Open as evidenced by your HIT's there. As his Utility confidence increases, his performance will begin to look as great as he does in Open. I know Terry would like to keep improving with Shamrock. His fronts and finishes need imrpovement to get into the 195 and above range. But Shamrock is already seven - that will eventually make a difference. You and Caleb have a long and glorious career ahead of you. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Congratulations!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12