Agility Pairs Champ

Thread: Agility Pairs Champ

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultAgility Pairs Champ

Saturday evening we had our agility class from 6:30 until about 8:15. It was still pretty hot outside, but at least at that time my entire field is in the shade. ;D

Anyway, we ran a Pairs Relay. Ruger teamed with a Weim named Ziggy, and we blew the competition away.
    Because we were short a dog, Ruger also was paired with a small dog, and he did his half of the course perfectly. His weaves rocked.

I guess it's a good thing Ruger is good at this, and that he is a very obedient dog, or it would look pretty bad as I'm the instructor ;D ;D ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Agility Pairs Champ

Good boy...now my dogs always manage to take me down a notch when I'm wanting them to do something in front of my class...For instance yesterday was the last class of this session so we had a course set up..I'm getting to run Robbie and he takes the first jump and is off..get him back and manage to make it through 3 obstacles before he is off..so he goes into the crate in the car for a time out..after everyone runs again we try again..same thing..turns out someone had an open bait pouch while they were running and there were treats allllllllllllllllllll oooooooooverrrrrrrrrrr the field.......argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh have I mentioned I have food obssessed dogs...anyway I didn't try to run after finding that out....but after class I sent Riley out in the field to clean up..LOL

My dogs tend to do the same thing to me at times -- and I teach here at my place so they should be used to all the scents in my agility area (a barnyard between my barn, indoor arena and pastures so LOTS of scents). Last week I was showing an exercise to my class and Cori took off sniffing as if she had never been there, totally ignored me until I went and goosed her!
    Deb
    Dunn's Marsh
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Good job, Ruger.

We run pairs in our agility class too. All the BCs/Aussies are paired together then Murray and my friend's Irish Setter are paired together. It's funny that the sporting dogs typically do better than the herding dogs (sometimes we are the only team to run clean) and of course we make sure to point that out to everyone. ;D