Judging schedule questions!

Thread: Judging schedule questions!

DefaultJudging schedule questions!

Hi everyone!

I've received my judging schedule for the Sarnia Kennel Club trials! We're entered in Rally Novice A and PreNovice obedience each day.

Rally Novice runs first at 9 am each day, so no problems there.

PreNovice runs after Utility and Open, which starts at 9.
    If there are 9 in the Utility class, and 18 in the Open classes, assuming that everything is running fairly on time, what time would you expect PreNovice to run?

Just not sure how much time is allotted in judging Utility and Open. Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Judging schedule questions!

My guess is a couple of hours. Utility and Open are pretty complex. In Open alone, there is 8 minutes of long sits and long downs. You didn't mention Novice Obedience, is that not being done after Open?

You are looking at around 1 hr 22 min for Utility (including awards), 2 hrs 46 min for Open which includes 2 groups for sits/downs (9 each group) and awards. My guess is you will go in around 1:10 unless the judge takes a break for lunch after open then all bets are off.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys!! I'll be sure to bring a really good book to read those two days, and a frozen Kong for Henery! I'll bet the judge breaks for lunch before the PreNovice class.

Jen, Novice obedience is running after PreNovice. Weird, huh?? The judging schedule goes...
    Utility, Open B, Open A, PreNovice, Novice A and Novice B on those trials that we're registered in. ???

Another ring is running PreNovice, Novice A, Novice B, Open A, Utility and then Open B!

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom

Utility, Open B, Open A, PreNovice, Novice A and Novice B on those trials that we're registered in. ???
    Well that makes a difference. There will be awards between Open B and Open A. Also, they can only put 12 dogs in the ring at a time for sits/downs so if Open B has 13 of the 18 dogs and Open A has 5 there will be 3 sets of sits/down instead of 2 like I assumed so 1:10 is probably a very conservative time.

Let's see... on the Sat: (9) Utility, (15) Open B, (3) Open A, and then PreNovice. On the Sun: (8) Utility, (15) Open B, (4) Open A.

Then us PreNovice newbies!! Eeeeep!

Well, Felicia...MaryLou will be there with Monte (Rally Nov A too) so Henery will have a buddy to shag him whilest you wait

LOL Melissa!! I'll be sure to look for her then, though I think Monte will be able to sniff out Henery's lovely bum.