He Remembers!

Thread: He Remembers!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultHe Remembers!

I finally got an opportunity to work my dogs today. Ruger did everything with a smile on his face. His heeling was sharp. Signals were good but he anticipated the sit. Took it easy on him and sent him to glove #2. He did a nice pivot and got the glove with out problems. Sent him to glove #3 as well... and he did it but did hesitate to glance around over the gating. Scent articles, I had ALL my articles out in the pile (two sets) He got the leather one without hesitation. The metal one took a bit of help Go outs were great and I didn't even use cheese on the staunchion or go out to point at it. I just sat him and revved him up and sent him.

I think he was happy to be working... away from Remington

After I worked with Ruger I worked with Remington. We are doing Sandra Ladwigs method right now of maneuvering and flexibility. Rems is doing well. In fact, he can back at my side already (something I had a devil of a time teaching to Ruger). I like her methods for working with puppies. It's food motivation and lots of fun and the corrections are fair. Rems has quite a bit of animation working with me at this point and I hope I can keep his enthusiasm level up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: He Remembers!

That sounds like a really good training day. Attitude is everything in this game. ;D

I'm taking long breaks with Murray right now (about a week in between training sessions so he doesn't get burnt out...like me). We'll pick up the pace in Aug to prepare for the Sept shows.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: He Remembers!

That is great Linda! May be having some competition for your time is also working in your favor with Ruger!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org