GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultGREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As some of you know we went to Wisconsin for the Winnebago Lab Specialty. It started out great in that we were able to drive straight through Chicago and the only stops were for the tolls. Did get there too late for the match (fell asleep at the hotel) but did get to do a run-thru Friday night.

Saturday we started with Rally Excellent and Advanced. He did a nice job in both and ended up with 100's in each and second place on time. Caleb's mom was also entered in both and they both earned their fifth RAE legs. Deb and I got pictures taken of that.

Then it was time for Utility and we were first dog in. His signals were not bad--lost one point. He decided to let me heart stop on each of the articles by standing over the one he was suppose to bring back but he did it. Had the number two glove--took the line and then did a short turn towards #1 but came back to #2 and got it. Man talk about stopping my heart! : Moving stand he walked in on but did it. Now the go outs. First one he ran all the way out turned but did not sit. Took the correct jump. Second go out was perfect and included a sit and took the correct jump. CALEB FINISHED HIS UD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He also took first place. Both of us who qualified finished our titles. It was so great to finish at the club where his breeder is invovled. He is now Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UD, RE!

In Open B he did better than I thought and we ended up with a 197 and 197 1/2 was HIT. But, you know I don't care--we got our UD.

Will post pictures later. I realized on the way home that it was Father's Day weekend when my first Lab finished her UD! Weird! I'm so glad he finished at Winnebago so Deb could see him. I got so many nice complements on him from the breed people there. Even had one come up whom I don't know who it was and ask why he wasn't entered in breed. Told her I wanted to finish his UD.

Also got to meet a couple of other of the JL's!!!! That was great!

I got filets for dinner and Caleb will certainly get some. Thanks everyone for all your support during our run for the UD. Now for that UDX!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TrappersMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Susan and Caleb! Woo Hoo! What a weekend!!

It was really nice to meet you and see Caleb finish his UD. WTG!!!
    Dot in Northern Illinois

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

It was so fun meeting you and Zlata there!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TrappersMom is offline Senior Member

Familiar faces in the crowd! Zlata "found" me Saturday morning. We'd met at the Potomac, and this time I got to meet Chocolata, who seemed to really enjoy taking in the sights and sounds!

I told my breeder that I'd been following Caleb's progress through JL and she said she knows how much you've worked with him to get that UD. Congrats again, Susan!!
    Dot in Northern Illinois

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!! I am very proud of both of you!!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

CONGRATULATIONS SUSAN AND CALEB!!!!!

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

What a great weekend for both of you!!! And more JL meet-ups, too. ;D

patm is offline Senior Member

I SO HAPPY for you guys!!!

It was great to finally meet you and to also see Trapper's mom again. I hope that as shows go by - Chocolata won't be as "excited" and embarassing :
    I am sure that Caleb's breeder is proud of him (and of course you)!! We loved Caleb - he is a cutie.

Hi Zlata:
    I met you yesterday with Chocolata (I'm Deb, the one whose grandfather was from Pilsen). I am Caleb's breeder and VERY happy to have seen him finish his UD yesterday. I enjoyed meeting you and Chocolata.
    I didn't think she was embarassing at all. She is very bonded to you obviously and was very aware of where you were every minute when you went to get something to eat and I was holding her!
    Deb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast