Need Agility Game Ideas Please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Agility Game Ideas Please

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultNeed Agility Game Ideas Please

I'm running a fun Agility Games class on Saturday nights this month. I have several games planned but would be interested in hearing ideas for others.

This week we are doing a "Weave Elimination" game. The course is a straight line, jump, jump, six weaves, jump, jump. There are TWO dogs on course at the same time, side by side (two lines of jumps and weaves will be set up).
    The two dogs run against each other with the fastest / cleanest round the winner that will move on to the next round until only one dog remains.

I'm also doing a "Black Jack" game. It's kind of like Gamblers. There will be one tunnel set somewhere on the course. Jumps = 1 point. Tires = 3 points. Contacts = 5 points. Chute = 7 points. You can start anywhere to build your "hand". You must correctly complete an obstacle and then do the tunnel to "bank" the points. You have 20 seconds on the clock. You must try to get as close as possible to "21" points. You must continue to play until the buzzer sounds (so you can't get your 21 points and just quit.. you have to keep going, so you must plan not to go over 21 points).
    The "house" dog will run the course first to determine the "house" hand to beat (that would be me and Ruger).

If you have any ideas for fun competition games please post them

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Need Agility Game Ideas Please

Since you don't have NADAC around you, why not try some of their games...tunnelers (all tunnels), Touch-n-Go (contact obstacles and tunnels only), Weavers (weaves and tunnels only). They also have a new game that will start sometime this year I think called Hoopers. Instead of jumps, the dogs have to navigate a course by running thru hula hoops. The Hula Hoops are attached to the jump stancions with the very bottom of the hoop on the ground. The dogs only have to run thru the hoop...no jumping at all. Great for puppies and older dogs.

I only have two tunnels. :

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

You can still do the Touch-n-Go and Weavers. Nothing says you can't take the same tunnel multiple times (the contacts are only taken once though). I'm sure you could design something.

Where can I find rules for these? I don't do NADAC so I don't know how their games work. Guess I'll go google

The NADAC site is partially down right now so you may not be able to find the rules.Let me see if I can find something for you. The rules are the same as for a standard course you just aren't using all of the obstacles. Performance of the obstacle is the same (must hit the contact, must complete the weaves, etc).

I thought of another fun one. Swap Dogs. I'll have everyone form a circle. Then I'll tell them to swap dogs with the person to the left of them. And they have to run that dog over a small course. Sure will challenge handling skills

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

We play red light green light over a grid of jumps in our class. Start at one end, going over a few jumps, when it's red light you have to down or sit your dog (we usually do one round of each). First one over all jumps and to the end wins. Last one to sit or down on red light has to go back to the beginning. You need a very large area to do this in Sounds like you all will have a lot of fun!!

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

debjen is offline Senior Member

I've got Bud Houston's agility games book..what are you interested in doing?

Also here is a link to the games class our club did with 4 different games instructions..

http://www.sundogsagility.com/

edited to add the link didn't go to the games class..click on classes and find the games class.

Games for Novice level dogs/handlers. Anything that sounds fun but isn't too complicated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast