Wags for Wishes and other shows

Thread: Wags for Wishes and other shows

DefaultWags for Wishes and other shows

I am mailing off my entries for Wags for Wishes and July 7th and 8th in Del Mar (San Diego) and the Golden Retriever clubs Agility show on June 23rd and 24th in Van Nuys. I am looking forward to the wags show because it is a huge show, they have 6 Agility Judges enough judges for almost 2,000 runs working in 6 rings. I might also enter the dock diving at the same event. See if we can beat our last years performance of 3 feet 6 inches...lol

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Wags for Wishes and other shows

Wow, that's a BIG show

We're not going to Wags (too far away) but we'll be at the Golden club, and wherever the one on June 9-10 is.

The Wags for Wishes show is huge. And thats just the agility part. they have obedience, rally, carting, dock diving, lure coursing, herding, frisbee, agilty lure coursing, Jack Russel races, I think Flyball, and probably a few other events I missed. Its the biggest gathering of K-9 Performance events I know of. Its like going to doggie heaven..lol

Kelly and Amber

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Wags is such an awesome event...very well organized. I haven't decided if I/we will go this year but I need to get on the ball soon if I am.

My advice...stay far, far away from the lure coursing. It ruined my friend's Excellent level Irish Setter for agility and it almost ruined Murray and another friend's Excellent level Flat Coat for agility. They started looking for lures when on the agility course and/or left the ring when they heard the whir of the lure in the next arena. If you are familiar with the agility set up, the Irish left the ring, jumped over into the seating area, then jumped over the arena fence into the area where a dog was lure coursing and ran down the lure. Not good. >

Just FYI, there will be a Wags event in Buckeye, AZ (Empty Acres...the same place you attended the AZ show) Feb '08 so mark your calendar.

All Right!! Arizona Road Trip here we come..

Kelly and Amber