Ambers Results for Monday 5-28-07

Thread: Ambers Results for Monday 5-28-07

Default Ambers Results for Monday 5-28-07

Well she didn't hold the start stay on the Fast course and I picked her up and carried her off.
    She didn't hold the start stay on the Open Standard course so I Blocked her form taking anymore jumps and took her out. Then we got to Jumpers and she held her start stay..Yeah!!! So we ran that course, and we ran that course well!! She took the first jump and was through the weaves before I had taken three steps. I just kept really far to the inside of her and tried to do what Border people do. It worked well we got our direction changes in and rear crosses in and avoided the trap jumps. On our way through the last two jumps I heard a toenail click on the second to last jump but kept running. I finished and looked back and YES!!! the bar was still UP!!!We had our very first Jumpers leg!!! A quick look at the clock gave a time of 17.34 Seconds!! I checked the scores and we had first! there were two borders in the class and one ran a 17.8 I think and the other ran a 19 something. We ran the course at 5.36 yards per second!!! The speed requirement to try out for the US world team is 4.9 yards per second in Jumpers. There are other requirements for tryouts for the world team such as a 26 in jump height and 8 perfect legs at that speed but still thats not a bad indication of Ambers speed. I know she would run faster with a faster handler.
    Thanks for everyones support!!! I owe everyone here a big thanks for putting up with all my drivel and braging..lol

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ambers Results for Monday 5-28-07

Kelly, congrats on the first jumper's leg!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Yaaaaay Amber! Who were the BCs who got 2nd and 3rd? I just saw the two runs where you took her off so I was expecting this to be a depressing post. I think you can still jump 24" for World Team (not that I encourage it until after Dusty gets his MACh :P). The 4.9 is for small dogs, but big dogs is 5.4 so Amber is stil well over that! ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Wow, Amber really is fast. You two are doing great - didn't do all you wanted, but the jumpers is great!
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Yeah it sucks to have to pull her off course but bad habits are hard to break. I would have to run in 26" for the world team and in excellent B. I didn't know that the 4.9 was just for small dogs and I was right at 5.4 for this run but I still think we could go faster. Amber is a bit overweight still and out of shape from not running alot lately. I am going to start running her more times per week now and we are going to be doing more other things like tracking too.
    I didn't write down the BC names that we beat but it should be up in a while when Lynda posts it. They couldn't have been very well seasoned because they were in Novice Jumpers. The one that got second only had a 95 score so must have had a refusal so it might have been faster than us with a clean run..the other one had a NQ so it probably took out a bar. Still we are right there with them. I bought a shirt that says " Fast dog in search or experienced handler" because it fits us so well.

Kelly and Amber

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats on the leg

Nice job! Keep it up.

Yeah, you guys will just keep getting faster as you start communicating better and getting more confidence, especially if she's a bit overweight ;D

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Congrats to both of you!!! It seems like the "punishment" of not getting to run when she breaks her stay is working for Amber

Jake does the BC scoot-up when I put him in his stay. We're working on stopping it, but he's a bugger so I know how you feel!

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy