Yeah!! Good measurement and Good runs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yeah!! Good measurement and Good runs

DefaultYeah!! Good measurement and Good runs

We went to the agility show today and Amber was measured...21 1/2 inches Yeah she is an official 20 inch class dog!! ;D ;D
    Next we ran Fast Novice B and ran almost perfectly we had to redo a weavepole entrance so that took a few seconds. We did every obstacle possible on the course but she didn't land before the buzzer went off on the last three point jump... and we had a 2 pt time penalty. So we ended up with 75 pts out of 80. We ended up in 1st place, but even better was the fact that the dogs in second, third, and fourth were all Border Collies!!
    We then ran in Jumpers but she didn't hold her start stay so we cut that run right away. Then was Standard Open and we ran perfectly tire, dogwalk (great contacts) jump, A-frame, jump, table, jump, jump, jump, weavepoles (really hard entrance) then I got lost and took a jump instead of the teeter.. DARN! Even with my mess up though people were coming up and telling me what a great dog she was and how fast she was and what great contacts she had...You ever have those really great runs were everything works well until you screw up?? Doh!!! Oh well it was still a great day and I feel alot more confident that we are so very close to getting perfect runs or at least Q's.
    I am doing tracking tomorrow but will be back at the agility show on Monday in all three classes again. This is soo much fun!!!

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Yeah!! Good measurement and Good runs

Sounds like a good day to me..I've had those runs..perfect run except for a knocked last bar..LOL..you can hear everyone groan as you do it..LOL

Yay, glad she's doing well! I hope I get to see her run on Monday ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Good luck tomorrow and have fun. Sounds like things are coming together for you and Amber.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a wonderful day!!!

Did you pull her from the jumpers class because she didn't hold the start line stay? Just wondering, it's not something I'd do. I paid my money, I'm running. If my dog breaks we just run. I've had very fast, clean runs without a start line stay (a running start). In fact, some of the dogs in my classes do better if they don't do a stay at the start, but let go of the dog and run with the dog.

Keep up the great work. You'll be raking in those Q's and ribbons!!!

Depends on how much you want your dog to stay and how aversive it is to the dog to be taken out of the ring. You paid your money, but you also spent hours training the dog to stay at the start line, and by saving the 10-20 dollars you put into one run you risk losing the stay you put so much effort into.

I have known Kzunell's instructor for years and she is one of the most consistently Q-ing handlers around here with several dogs, most of whom aren't even hers (the two that are hers are MACh and MACh2), so I trust that she would only advise him to take Amber out of the ring if it was an appropriate consequence.

Yes I did pull just for the broken startline stay. Amber is on the verge of being out of control at all times in Agility. I have had to go back and fix my mistake of letting her get away with breaking startline stays. As for running with Amber...well she is Border Collie speed and I am maybe normal sane lab speed at best. She is frantic to get to the next jump or obstacle and is mad if I am slowing her down. The things that we are getting better at is her working away from me. right now she is happy about 5-8 feet off my side and will go ahead now for the first time. I need a head start with her. Picture a crazed lab on Crack addicted to agility.

Kelly and Amber

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    Picture a crazed lab on Crack addicted to agility.
    Yep, that seems about right ;D

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Great scores!
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

We train both... stays at the start line and a running start. ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast