Sky and my son start beginning agility next week!

Thread: Sky and my son start beginning agility next week!

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultSky and my son start beginning agility next week!

I am so excited about finally getting Sky into an agility class. I actually found this person thru the listings at Dog Run. My obedience instructor knows this person and said she is really good and had a dog that apparently was ranked quite high but died suddenly of renal failure. I know she has a new puppy that she is currently training.

The class will only have 4 teams so we should get a lot of really great instruction. I'm hoping my son can do this and will enjoy it! If not then I know I will. I can't wait!
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sky and my son start beginning agility next week!

How old is your son?

I bet the two of you will have a blast. Out of the 4 different events that I train for Agility is the best. Just remember to have fun. I try to remember that I do this to have fun with my dog and if he gets a qualifying run that is just icing on the cake.

My youngest son (11) shows in Junior Conformation and is helping train our dogs in obedience. He is also waiting for his dogs to get old enough to start training in agility.

Dayna

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Dayna - my son will be 11 in July. He is really excited about it. I mentioned on the way to school that we should practice with the clicker some this weekend. His comment - "mom, I know how to use the clicker!" I guess we shall see...
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

They can be so funny at that age. Kyle thinks he know everything. After I show one of the dogs he proceed to tell me every thing I did wrong.

But I love having this in common with him. It is such great bonding time. I am hoping that as he gets older he will continue. He has such a gift when it come to dogs.

Dayna

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Sounds like fun!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by Dayna
    They can be so funny at that age. Kyle thinks he know everything.
    HEHE...sounds just like my daughter.

Meghan started agility, rally, and obedience training when she was 11 and Essy was 2. I won't lie to you, it has been really tough on both of us (me especially ). At first she was so excited. She couldn't wait to practice...every day. She took her first lesson and then wanted me to sign them up for a show. ;D She didn't like waiting until I felt they were ready and she REALLY doesn't like practicing now (it's a constant battle). She really LOVED winning in Rally though (she even competed with a broken foot). She hasn't quite grasped the concept that all that training is what helped them win. She got a little frustrated with the B classes because of course she didn't place as often in those even when they did really well. She just recently started competing in agility. She still likes agility even though they haven't Qd yet. She gets a little frustrated sometimes but then I remind her that she's only been training since last Oct and she took 2 months off for her broken foot and she feels better about it. Personally I think they are doing quite well for the amount of time they have been training and I know they are very close to getting that first Q. I love spending time with my daughter and I really love having someone in the family that I can talk to about dog training.

debjen is offline Senior Member

have fun..agility can be so addictive