so..what time should i get there?

Thread: so..what time should i get there?

Defaultso..what time should i get there?

they need a dummies manual for this stuff, seriously. Gabby is in Rally Novice A, both days.

10:00 AM 10:00 AM
    RING 3 RING 3
    Judge: Joyce Guthrie Judge: Dovie Ryan
    (21 Entries) (22 Entries)
    Lunch Break at Judges Discretion Lunch Break at Judges Discretion
    6-Rally Excellent B 7- Rally Excellent B
    4- Rally Advanced B 4-Rally Advanced B
    1- Rally Advanced A
    9-Rally Novice B 8-Rally Novice B
    2-Rally Novice A 2-Rally Novice A

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: so..what time should i get there?

I like to get to a show about an hour before my show time. So, I'd get to this show about 10:00 if I were in Novice A

I agree...10:00 should be just about perfect timing.

Plan on course setting to take at least 15 min/level if the course is nested (20-30 is normal for unnested). Each level will have a 15 min walk thru but A/B will walk together since the class sizes are so small.

Excellent will walk 15 min prior to the start of class (if there are no classes ahead of them) so that means 9:45...first dog on the line at 10. Figure ~2 min/dog to setup/run/leave the ring so ExB will finish at 10:12 then they will do awards and reset the course for AdvB allow them to walk.

Adv B will probably start at 10:30 (conservatively). 8 min to run the Adv B dogs would be ~10:40. Then awards, reset the course for Nov and allow BOTH Nov classes to walk (A & B together).

Nov will probably walk at 11 (conservatively).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I would probably be there at 9:30AM. It averages about 22 dogs an hour, plus you have to figure in changing the course up, and the walk throughs. But I am anal, and if I have never been to where the trial is....I worry alot. This way I have plenty of time to watch, go to the bathroom, practice with my dogs away from the ring (once I have the course)....

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

The show I just went thru (was my first time as well) had about the same amount of people signed up. I was surprised by how many did not show, so I would go with what Jen recommends and get there a little early. Rally really does go quite fast and you want to make sure you have time to setup, sign-in, make sure you are there for the walk thru and settled. It made such a difference for me - it allowed me to relax before we went in. And make sure you ask any questions from the judge - they are there during the walk thru just for that. I found it really helpful. We had the move to right and where it was in the course was kind of akward so he walked it for us so we knew what we needed to do.

I also took Moose thru some heeling patterns about the time they were changing from Adv. to Novice.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I just glanced at the start time for Excellent first, and when they were telling you to get there at 10 I was like, "What?!" Then I saw how many entrants there are Holy cow! You are TOO lucky!!! We usually have at least a dozen entries in the A classes, and B classes are between 20-30. I wish our shows were this size! ;D

And I agree, 10 will be perfect ;D

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus
    I just glanced at the start time for Excellent first, and when they were telling you to get there at 10 I was like, "What?!" Then I saw how many entrants there are Holy cow! You are TOO lucky!!! We usually have at least a dozen entries in the A classes, and B classes are between 20-30. I wish our shows were this size! ;D

And I agree, 10 will be perfect ;D
    Yeah, it's a German Shepherd show, so the numbers are really, really low- there's like 40 dogs in the entire show! But the Rally is open to everyone- but it doesn't help that there's three or four big obedience shows the following couple of weekends- I just can't make any of them (weddings, weekends out of town, etc)- so the German Shepherd people are going to have to deal with a goofy grass eating lab in their midst!