Great news!!

Thread: Great news!!

DefaultGreat news!!

Yeah I have finally found a tracking instructor in my area (well 40 miles away). I found her by talking to one of her students at an agility show today. I also found out that I know one of the two tracking judges in southern california. I learned all that key info that I have been struggling to find out for the past 2 years. And I learned these two important facts in about 5 minutes of each other. Life is good!
    And all this was at a show I wasn't even entered in.

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Great news!!

That is great. You would think with so many people in So. Calif. that we would have a lot more resources - but it seems very hit and miss.

I had inquired about a program called Hope Inc. for Moose - it is a crisis therpay program for dog teams (they had 8 teams at Virg. Tech). One of the people I met at the 1 dog show I have been to is very involved and shared with me what the prerequistes are and gave me his card. Said to let him know when we were ready.

Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Tracking is so much fun!!! I am so glad you found someone.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Good news! Tracking IS fun!

That's awesome!

I have a very inclusive list of tracking resources (books, clubs, regs for different orgs, discussion lists, equipment suppliers, etc) from Geoff Stern. PM your email address and I'll forward it.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dakkerdog
    I had inquired about a program called Hope Inc. for Moose - it is a crisis therpay program for dog teams (they had 8 teams at Virg. Tech). One of the people I met at the 1 dog show I have been to is very involved and shared with me what the prerequistes are and gave me his card. Said to let him know when we were ready.
    That must have been Dave! I adore him...what a wonderful, wonderful guy! He is the main reason I got started in obedience (and I returned the favor by getting him started in rally, LOL)...and in labs in general, since he also got me involved with my local lab club. He is the obedience chair.

Kelly- could you PM me with any names/contact information for tracking in the area? I have been searching for this information myself. Maybe we could get a couple of people in the clubs to try out the tracking stuff...you know, clinics and just getting together when we get the opportunity to set tracks for each other and whatnot. I hear it is loads of fun! First things, though...rattlesnake avoidance training in early June. I can just see one of my dogs "tracking" a poisonous snake.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon