Ouch!!

Thread: Ouch!!

DefaultOuch!!

Did you ever have an agility run in practice where everything goes wrong? Last night at agility practice we had that run. It started because I have missed about two weeks of agility training so Amber was really wound up. I forgot to bring a collar and a leash. It was a new class with different people and dogs. I put Amber on a down stay and she wouldn't stay there!!! about 15 corrections in front of all these new people...I can only imagine what they thought. Finally its my turn to run. I set her up too close to the first jump and led out past the second jump. She stayed!!! yeah!! I called her and she took out the first jump bar... She took out the second jump bar... I turned toward the third jump and she slipped making the turn and then made the third jump Yeah! Push her out over the 4th jump and she knocked that bar.. She comes back toward me for the 5th jump and I make my turn and my plant foot slid right out from under me and I slide into the upright of the jump and knocked it right into Ambers front foot. She is screaming bloody murder and running around on three legs and I am on the ground with the breath knocked out of me and can't even talk or breath. Finally Amber comes to me and starts licking my face...and I am telling her she is a good dog and petting her.
    I look back and we had knocked down just about everything we could on the course.. What a way to make a first impression with a new group of people. Amber and I just limped off the course and went home...

I came and destroyed the course, my dog and myself and left all in about 10 minutes..lol

We both recovered just fine she wasn't limping after about an hour and i didn't have any injuries that were serious. Though I must say I am very very stiff and sore today.. Well at least I am sure they will remember us next week..lol

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ouch!!

Ouch is right. Too bad you couldn't run it again and make a better impression

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad you are both okay, but it does sounds like something out of I Love Lucy
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

Oh my - oh my! I was trying to follow everything, and picture it as it was happening. Since you're both OK today, I must admit that I had to chuckle at the thought of the whole thing. It must have made a real impression on the newbies. Don't feel bad if any of the older people don't come back - this kind of thing is one of the things that makes me think twice about doing agility

I can however find a really good thing about that run. Amber stayed at the start line even though there were a bunch of different dogs and she was wound up tight from not running for a while. And these "new" people were actually just in a different class and were just as experienced as I am or even more so.

Kelly (the clutz) and Amber (the anxious)

just think...next week they will all be amazed at how much you both improved in just one week.

I'm glad neither of you was injured too seriously. Pride will heal in time.