Caleb the Clown

Thread: Caleb the Clown

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultCaleb the Clown

Went to a run-thru this evening to work on go-outs (story of my current life!!!) We were the first ones in the Utility ring and lots of people coming in since show season is in full swing. So, on the first go-out, what does my sweet adorable yellow boy do?! When I told him to sit he had a good old fashion Labrador butt tuck frenzy all over the Utility ring! At least I'm beyond being horrifically embarassed! Now, I do realize it was a stress thing for him, but it really was rather funny! One day his brain will catch up with his 4 year old body!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Caleb the Clown

I can so picture Caleb doing that ............ I have seen Kona do that in practice and in the open ring!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Was this a blond moment ;D
    I've been working on this with Nitro as well and we started with touch. He was so frustrated the other day he was going to bring me the piece of tape off the wall so he would make sure he got his treat for touch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labracorn
    Was this a blond moment ;D
    I've been working on this with Nitro as well and we started with touch. He was so frustrated the other day he was going to bring me the piece of tape off the wall so he would make sure he got his treat for touch.
    What a hoot!!! I can just see him bringing the tape off the wall for his treat!! WHAT A HOOT!

Blonde moment? Not sure! But when he did do the turn and sit, it was a thing of beauty! I was amazed at how nice it was.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Caleb is so stinkin' cute!!! Good thing you just don't let his antics phaze you

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Oh, gosh, I am so enjoying hearing these stories. I can see my Caleb doing the same thing. He has to make sure the rules are the same today as they were yesterday. These stories give me hope.

Hehehe! At least his attitude was good. ;D

Murray gets those silly moments too. There really is nothing you can do but laugh because you know the dog is laughing (as well as anyone else who is watching). Better to be laughing "with" than to be getting laughed "at".