A Small Brag

Thread: A Small Brag

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultA Small Brag

Just a wee brag on my lil squirt, Remington.

We had our Wednesday morning puppy class today. He has mastered the "start line stay". I can sit him at a jump, leave him with a wait command, and then call him over the jump (jump bar is on the ground or at most 3" off ground).

We did it three times!!! (I don't jump him a lot cause he's a young fella still).

We also worked on "down" which is quite funny as he literally throws himself to the ground. And we added "Stay" once he was down, but not with much success today (heh, he's only 3 - 3/4 months old.. his attention span is very short) ;D

We also started working on "watch me" with pieces of hotdog... I sit him in front of my, show him the hotdog, hold the hotdog out to the side at the length of my arm and ask him to "watch me". He looks at me almost immediately, and then he gets the reward.

Fun training today And lots and lots of puppy play with his puppy friends and his siblings (three of his litter mates come to the class).

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: A Small Brag

Sounds like a smart little guy. How much is he learning from Magnum and Ruger?

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Magnum and Ruger are big play things to Remington. The only time he really learns anything is if I take him out without the distraction of them ;D

Although I will say that they have taught him the routine stuff, like... "You sit here when she says cookie" (meaning run into the kitchen and sit in the corner by the cupboard). Also... "When someone knocks at the door you run to this door" (meaning the back door, I let them outside when someone knocks...otherwise I can't get to the door to open it. And they have pretty much house trained him for me as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

He is going to be so well trained. What a great start already! He just sounds so darn cute...
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

patm is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you can do the "human training stuff" and Magnum and Ruger are taking care of the "things a dog needs to know" stuff ;D

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Great Linda!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Sounds like he is going to be a smart one! Watch out!

Sort of OT: I know that some trainers don't train for jumps etc until after 2 years old so that joints can fuse without excess stress. How much jumping do you do with your young dogs? Have you ever had a problem?

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

Remington is a smart boy

Won't someone please feed me!