So close I was planning the celebration - but not quite yet

Thread: So close I was planning the celebration - but not quite yet

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultSo close I was planning the celebration - but not quite yet

My husband showed Shamrock on Sunday for what we both hoped would be his UD third leg. But....it was not to be. Started out great with the heeling and signal exercises. Looked good on the articles - went right out - and brought each one back easily. Then the directed retrieve - Glove # 2 - perfect. Stand for exam was good. And then the go-outs!!! First one - stopped at the bar jump so of course couldn't do the jump. Second go-out was better, but Shamrock decided since he missed the Bar Jump on the 1st go-out, he would jump it the second time he had a chance. Two Utility B competitors told Terry he didn't give the go-out signal on the first one - I thought he did but they were closer to him than I was (I have to hide when they are in the ring) so maybe that was true. Up until then - Shamrock was really doing well - Happy - Tail wagging the whole time. I was watching and thinking - all he has is the go outs and its a UD. Guess I shouldn't have even though that far in advance. Next weekend - shows on Saturday and Sunday - so we're hoping.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: So close I was planning the celebration - but not quite yet

Darn. I'm sure they'll get 'em next week.

I really hate that feeling too (I've had a lot of experience with it recently). I try never to let it surface "Look! We're Qing. All we need to do is go outs" because sure as heck we're going to blow the go outs. :-\

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Oh Betsy! Tell Terry we'll both plan on finishing this weekend!!! LOL!!!! At least he and Shamrock!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Lydia - You are so right about it not being a done deal until it really is a done deal. A couple of times in Agility I made that mistake - oh all we have left is the Triple or all we have left is one or two jumps and its a Q. Whoops - not so fast. Now I try to think one obstacle at a time, assuming I ever get to do Agility again.

I read your post about Essie at Agility last night. Glad it went well and I hope that a vet will tell you that she is OK to jump at a lower height, at least until she really shows signs of pain or more damage. Its a tough call to make - let your daughter enjoy Agility with her for a while longer hoping no permanent damage occurs, or stop now so that nothing more can happen. As long as Essie and your daughter are doing well, I'd probably be tempted to let them continue but I really do understand that you do not want her to suffer any additional damage. Whatever you decide - it will be the right decision so no second guessing. (If I spelled Essie's name wrong I apologize.)

Susan - I am hoping that for Terry & Shamrock and for you and Caleb this is the UD weekend to remember.
    Betsy
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

So close.... You'll get it.