Just got the Judging program for my first Trial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got the Judging program for my first Trial

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust got the Judging program for my first Trial

There are only 3 dogs entered in Rally Novice A and I am the only dog in Pre-Obedience! Here is where I need a little help. It say for Friday that Rally Novice A is in Ring No. 3 with a time of 8:30 am, but Novice A is the last to trial with a total of 18 entries for Rally Ex down to Novice. I'm also in Ring No. 4 with a time of 8:00 am that includes Utility down to Brace with a total of 27 entries. Do they accomadate the fact you are possibly in 2 places at 1 time? I'm trying to figure out when I should get there since I'm pretty much the last to trial in each of the rings. Any suggestions? Looks like it could be a long day with being last
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Just got the Judging program for my first Trial

I always call the show people- like if Onofrio Dog Shows does the show, I just call them and they tell me when to get there- but I'm new too

Just tell the table stewards when you get there that you are in another class and the potential ring conflict. Generally they are as accomodating as possible.

Is Pre-novice after Brace? Rally generally takes 2-3 minutes per dog, but count on more time for awards and course changes. I would "guess" your Rally time would be close to 9:15 to 9:30. Regular obedience takes quite a bit longer. So, despite the earlier start time, I would guess you will be in Rally before obedience.

I always like to get to the show about an hour before my ring time, to check in, pee and poop the dog and watch the others before me. If it were me, I'd get there at 8:30.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom
    I always like to get to the show about an hour before my ring time, to check in, pee and poop the dog and watch the others before me. If it were me, I'd get there at 8:30.
    I always try to get there an hour before my ring time as well. Also gives Caleb time to get situated with the new surroundings so he can focus on me. Judges are usually very understanding about ring conflicts. Just let them know right away not when you are due in the ring.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Yeah, let them know as soon as possible. We were at one trial and they held up Rally for a dog who was still in the obedience ring doing sits and downs.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

I am thinking your ring times will be about 9-9:15 for your rally walk through (they might combine both walk throughs) or that time for the "B" walk through and then an "A" walk through at 9:30. If they split the walk thoughs up you can often get the chance to walk both with the "B" and "A" class.
    The Pre Novice will probably be about 10-11:00 at the earliest but should be before lunch easily. You should have time to watch the advanced classes in both rings and you can always stay and watch the Brace class after you are done.
    i would try and get there a little before 8 just to be on the safe side and allow for traffic which is always an interesting thing driving through LA.

Kelly and Amber

Thanks all. Kelly, I definately want to stay and watch Brace. I'd like to see how closely matched the dogs need to be. Something I think could be fun to work with my 2 on. When I walk my dogs in the mornings Sky is always on the outside of Moose and they tend to stay in line together. At least got me thinking about doing it!

I also think Julie (CaliforniaLabLover) is showing Monty. Would love to meet her and Monty as well if possible. Guess I'll plan on being there early. I prefer that then being there late. This way I can get home at a decent time (it is my anniversary - I suppose I should spend some of it with my SU )

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

It's been my experience that the Obedience rings take precedence over the Rally rings... if you have a conflict, be sure you are at the Obedience ring on time. Rally judges usually don't have a problem waiting on you, but the Obedience judges really, REALLY, frown on it, and I've seen more than one not allow a person to be judged if they are too late.

The good news is the Rally and Obedience judges are married - hopefully this helps working conflicts

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dakkerdog
    The good news is the Rally and Obedience judges are married - hopefully this helps working conflicts
    LOL, unfortunately, probably not!

I would check in at OB first, then Rally. Let them know you have a conflict at both places. The rings are also normally next to each other at Featherly, so if you set up your chair, you'll be able to see both rings just fine AND hear which class they are calling. Normally the performance rings will be on the far right, running vertically. The breed ring will be in the front, running horizontally with the club tents right in front... Paralel to the road through the campsite.

Rally runs about 22 dogs an hour, but since there aren't that many entries, you can do the math with about 3 minutes per dog, so I am guessing it will be about 1/2 hour for each class, awards, changing up the ring, doing the run throughs etc. OB will take considerably longer AND there are more dogs, so I doubt you'll have a problem. Pre-Novice will most likely be last, and so will Rally Nov. A, but there are far less dogs in Rally....

You will have an awesome time. I miss going to this show now that we are in Colorado. If you end up liking the show and the event, you might want to consider joining the club....if you want more details, PM me, since I still do membership for the LRCSC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast