I'm so bummed - I really really want to do agility with Sky - cannot find class

Thread: I'm so bummed - I really really want to do agility with Sky - cannot find class

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm so bummed - I really really want to do agility with Sky - cannot find class

The club I belong to does do classes, but they are during the week before I get off from work. They are the only place even remotely close that I can find agility classes. I guess L.A. just doesn't have enough open space to do them. This is when I wish I was rich just so I could buy up land and put in a great swimming stadium for my son and a field for dog training!
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm so bummed - I really really want to do agility with Sky - cannot find class

Wow - you'd think LA would have more than one place with agility classes. How far can you get in a hour and a half? That's how long it takes me to get to class - of course I get almost 90 miles in that time! I'm sorry you can't find a class - I really wish I had some place closer too - it cuts down on what classes I can take.

DefaultRe: I'm so bummed - I really really want to do agility with Sky - cannot find class

How far can you get in a hour and a half?
    Not very far - not in L.A. anyway. It takes me about 45 mins. to get to the classes I do go to and that is only about 15 miles away

The real issue for me is balancing the classes with spending time with my son. I'm sure I could find something on Saturdays (still be quite a drive), but my son usually has things that would interfere. If it were close enough and I was only gone for about 2 hrs I could probably manage that. Plus I had hoped I could get him interested - but that doesn't seem to be happening.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

What about asking the instructor about private lessons? Many are happy to accomodate around your schedule (although weekends are often trial dates, so that may be more difficult...

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

how about checking this site: www.scdoc.org and see if any of the clubs also offer agility. Even though this is for obedience, many clubs offer both...mayb you can find a club you didn't know about...

Thanks Jen - that is how I found the club I am involved with.

DefaultRe: I'm so bummed - I really really want to do agility with Sky - cannot find cl

The closest place I know of for you is at the 91 and 55 freeway. I will check with some of my contacts and see if I can find a trainer closer to you. Hopefully someone will know someplace closer.

Kelly and Amber

Kelly - you are just so nice. I sure hope we meet in the next few weeks just so I can say thankyou in person!