Zeke's Rally Advanced Results

Thread: Zeke's Rally Advanced Results

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultZeke's Rally Advanced Results

An NQ (as I expected) but he was a LOT better.

We didn't get anywhere near finishing, but he did NOT leave the ring ;D and he did NOT run in crazy circles, sniffing, and wreaking havoc ;D

Instead he did something much more amusing :P The offset figure 8 had toys instead of food...purple duck toys. We heeled into the ring (WITH attention ) and got ready to do the call-front finish right. But, right as I called him to front he spots the purple ducks. So he runs across the ring and retrieves one of them and happily drops it at my feet with a huge grin on his face. So I cued the finish anyway (I didn't know what else to do:P I didn't have a plan for duck retrieval). So he went around and then considered leaving the ring but he didn't and I called him back and decided to quit while he was still at least listening to me (he came back both times I called - HUGE improvement over running in circles and trying not to get caught). So I ended it there and gave him treats for not being distracted and nervous.

He provided the entertainment - tons of people like him now : :P. A Briard lady volunteered to be my "trial-mother," haha.

By the way, the judge was Nancy Davis who turned out to be a VERY awesome judge. Very nice and she says she started judging rally so she could help the new first-time competitors.

I think Zeke should be nearing a Q soon...he was at least listening this time and TRYING to do good (he seemed to think that retrieving the duck was what I wanted - he brought it as a present for me :P)
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Zeke's Rally Advanced Results

My first judge was Nancy Davis! She's soooo nice. She told me that I needed to breathe or I was going to pass out and made me wait until I was calmer to start.

Zeke sounds like such a character- and you sound so persistent!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh Zeke! You nut!

Hey, you wouldn't believe how many Labs I have seen do that, and I have not been doing this for very long! :P I was PRAYING for no figure eight on our Advanced course. We did not have it, to my great relief. It is going to be our Achilles' heel, for sure.

But that does sound like a gigantic step in the right direction! They can't ALWAYS have a figure eight, right? Next time will be a Q, for sure!

Your judge sounds very nice - I'm so glad you got someone like her!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like an interesting time! Nice judges make all the difference!

ZRL

The funniest part was that before Rally started the judge approached me and said there was a problem with my entry...they thought I had an OTCh and had entered the "A" classes We definitely aren't OTCh material. It turns out they had mixed me up with #17 in OBEDIENCE (I was #17 in *RALLY*)

Later the judge was walking by with some coffee and Zeke REALLY wanted to maul her and take the coffee...and I told her "this is the OTCh" and she laughed out loud. Yes...Zeke is my OTCh :

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Glad there was positives in your run today. Keep bringing those positves out of the ring with you and your dog!! Glad you had a nice judge.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

I wish they would mistake Amber for an OTCh dog....Heck I wish they would mistake her for a CDX dog..lol

Kelly and Amber

ZRL

They quickly noticed their mistake after they actually SAW him :

He doesn't give off the air of an OTCh...more the air of a mischevious toddler who MUST get into EVERYTHING.