I hate being such a newbie - need some help with completing an entry form
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate being such a newbie - need some help with completing an entry form

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultI hate being such a newbie - need some help with completing an entry form

I tried to find a sample form on the internet, but I just kept finding the same blank form to complete.

If I'm entering Rally Novice what do I put down for the following:
    Dog SHow Class : ??
    Class Division - Is this Novice A?

And then below that it has Rally Class - what goes in here?; since I'm entering Novice I don't need to provide the jump height (correct?) - this is what kind of thru me.

Thanks so much for everyone's help. I wish I had someone close that I could call with these questions!
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I hate being such a newbie - need some help with completing an entry form

Nope, no jump height for Novice.

I think you put "Rally" under show class, and "Novice A" under class division. I wish I had one here to look at, but I don't.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I hate being such a newbie - need some help with completing an entry form

I have entered 5 shows under Infodog and didn't have any problems because it was all laid out in a very easy to understand way. But I finally realized that I was spending way too much money for shows with secretaries and decided to enter my last show through the online premium which I printed off. I had a terrible time and ended up e-mailing the show secretary to help me through it and even then I think I put the class Rally Advanced A in the wrong place. So I'm not much help, just want you to know that even with experience it aint' all that clear :-\

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

This is the link to the entry form from the AKC that can be used for any show.

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/AEN999.pdf

You do not fill out dog class or division ......... that is for conformation. You will only fill out the Rally class (no jump height for Novice). You would fill in Novice A (or B) in that space. At the top you would fill in the breed and sex. Our breed doesn't have a variety except at specialties. Further down the form fill in the AKC info on your dog along with your information. Don't forget to sign the application and your check! ;D

Hope that helps.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Linda - Thankyou so much.

If you do enter the Pre-novice obedience class it is considered a second entry and you only pay the second entry charge for that one which would be $15 the first entry is $26 so both together would be $41. If you just do Rally it will be $26.
    Kelly and Amber

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    If you do enter the Pre-novice obedience class it is considered a second entry and you only pay the second entry charge for that one
    FYI, that only applies if you are going for 2 obedience classes or 2 rally classes because they are considered separate events (look in the premium and you will see that each have their own trial #). If you are in 1 rally class and 1 obedience class you pay full price for both. The 2nd entry was set up for those going for RAE and UDX where you have to enter 2 classes to get a leg.

They certainly don't make this easy. I pulled the premium off of the SCDOC and it doesn't list event #'s, just what events are offered. It also took me a few reads to finally figure out I was an Exhibitor :-[ But what it does say is:
    First Entry of a dog at this show - $26.00 and then Each add'l class for the same dog is $15.00
    So this is what I am planning on doing. Entering Rally Novice A on Friday and Pre-Novice and then only entering Rally Novice A again for Saturday. So if I think that would be $26.00 plus $30.00. Does that sound right?

I'm entering the Labrador Retriever Club of Southern Calif. Specialty trial at the end of April. It sounds like this will be a good one for my first trial. That Friday is my anniversary so maybe I'll bring some luck with me.

you can go to www.jbradshaw.com and enter the show on their website and it will cost you an extra $4. you can also give them a call at their phone number on the site and they can answer any and all questions. I accidentally entered a show and paid full price for rally and obedience and they had to give me a check back for $10 becasue they said they were considering all rally and obedience events the same show because they were in the same catalog. at most shows here we even combine confirmation with the obedience and rally. makes it kinda nice to enter multiple events at the same show here. Below is the premium list but you should call and talk to bradshaw services to double check. They have always been really nice to me with all my newbie questions.

Kelly and Amber

PDF file for teh specialty
    http://www.jbradshaw.com/913/pl.PDF

Kelly - Thanks for the website. I just called and confirmed that it would be $41 for the first day for Rally and Pre-Obedience and then $26 for the 2nd day of just Rally. Sure hope we get a chance to run into each other that weekend!

Now I can finish my entry and get it into the mail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast