I'm going to enter Moose in a Rally Novice - just have to figure out when

Thread: I'm going to enter Moose in a Rally Novice - just have to figure out when

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm going to enter Moose in a Rally Novice - just have to figure out when

Talked with my instructor tonight and asked her if she thought it would be okay to enter Moose in Rally Novice. Her comment was she didn't see why not and that we have done everything in class we would encounter in rally and that she didn't see that Moose had any issues with any of it. So I guess I'm going to go for it. Now I just have to find some dates that don't interfere with anything my son has (he swims and plays water polo).

Those that have kids - how do you balance it all?
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm going to enter Moose in a Rally Novice - just have to figure out when

I think you guys will do great! You will really love Rally. It is truly addictive! Angus enjoys it a lot because it is very active. In traditional obedience there can be a little too much just "standing around" time for Angus and he gets bored. Rally moves more quickly so it keeps his interest a little better. :P

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

DefaultRe: I'm going to enter Moose in a Rally Novice - just have to figure out when

YEA! You'll have to let us know when you enter so we can send good vibes your way.

Quote Originally Posted by dakkerdog

Those that have kids - how do you balance it all?
    I have mine show the dogs.

It is tough sometimes. Even though we are a 2 parent household w/4 adults living there, all of the kid duties fall to me. My daughter knows during show season that I may not always be available to take her to things so she needs to negotiate with her dad or brothers to take her. In all these years of showing, I've only missed two of her events (not including friend's birthday parties and play date type events which I don't know about far enough in advance).

The hardest thing for me has been working during the week, training every night of the week except Fri, showing all weekend, then starting it all over again which is my schedule every week during show season (Sept-Mar). My house is a pig sty during show season and we eat out a lot because I'm not home to cook and of course no one else buys groceries. Even though there are 4 adults living in the house, I'm apparently the only one who knows how to vacuum and cook. : It's a peeve of mine but I've decided not to worry about it. I show because I enjoy it. It is MY time. I'm always doing stuff for others so I've decided not to feel guilty about taking this time for me. If the rest of the family can't pick up the slack during that time then it's their problem. They don't dare complain because I will give them an ear full.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

You'll love Rally! Let us know when you are entered.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I have no comment on the kids part but you and Moose should do fine in rally.
    I never took a rally class, formal obed class or saw a rally event and just got my first rally leg. I pretty much screwed up an entire station. Did a 360 right instead of 360 left. I even thought my dog totally blew it at one point but we got a leg. :
    Kim

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Lydia - you are my new hero My SU would have a fit if I was training every night! I don't do it because of my son - he really needs mom around.

When I sign up Sky for Agility my plan is to have my son be the handler. I'm hoping he will enjoy it - should be interesting to see if he likes it and much as I hope he does.

Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

It isn't always ME training. Meghan has agility on Mon and Tues which I take her to. I have agility on Wed. Meghan has Baton on Wed (I take her and SU picks her up because I'm in class) and Violin on Thurs (which I take her to). I fit my obedience training in whereever I can...usually 10 min here or there.