Rally Question

Thread: Rally Question

DefaultRally Question

I know that in Obedience once you put a CD title on a dog, you then after to enter any new dog in the B class for a CD. But I thought I read somewhere that in Rally it was different.

I have put a Rally titles and a CD on one of my dogs. I am getting ready to enter a different dog in Rally. Since she has no titles, can I enter her in Rally A classes?

TIA
    Dayna

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Rally Question

For Novice you will have to be in the B class but from there on you can be in A. Might want to double check with your rulebook.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boys Mom
    For Novice you will have to be in the B class but from there on you can be in A. Might want to double check with your rulebook.

Yup, you're right! B in Novice and A in Advanced and Excellent (until you get those titles)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The way I keep it straight for both Rally and obedience is that Novice applies to the handler (has the handler ever put a title on any dog). If the answer is yes, you will be in Novice B. By the way, obedience titles apply to Rally but Rally titles do not apply to Obedience so if you had only put Rally titles on dogs, you could still enter Novice A obedience but once you've put a CD on a dog you will always enter Novice B with any future dog for Rally or obedience.

The other class levels apply to the dog (does the dog have the title of the class you are entering?). If yes, you will be in B. So if the dog already has its RA, you will enter Advanced B. If the dog already has its CDX, you will enter Open B.

One other note, AKC only recognizes AKC titles so if your dog was titled in UKC or ASCA or somewhere else, you would still be in A classes. The other organizations do recognize AKC titles so for those venues you would need to be in the B classes. Clear as mud? :P

Thank You for the answers. I think I understand.

For Rally Novice she will be in B, but for advanced and excellent she can go to Rally Adv or Exe A unless I put a CD on her first.

I made that mistake with my first dog. I was doing Obedience and Rally at the same time. He finished his RN and CD together and luckily when I enter the next show I had to look up what height he would jump at to put on the entry form. I just happened to see the rule about, if they had an obedience title they needed to be entered in the B classes.

With Chloe I am going to go thru Rally first and then do obedience. I think she could pass and get her CD know but this time I do not want to just pass I want to go for HIT's. She is such a great girl and pays way more attention than Sooner did.

Sooner is training for his CDX and is about ready to enter a trial, but he likes Agility a lot more. He got his first leg a couple of weeks ago in Novice Standard Preferred. As excited as we were people thought we had gotten a title. It took us 5 trials showing both days to get that one leg. It was a great day.

Again thank you for your replies.
    Dayna

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

It still makes no sense to me. I solve that by doing B across the board, except when I am doing obedience, I can still do Open A and Utility A with Maddy because we/I have never titled a dog that high.

For Rally, I just think B. I have a CD and RN on another dog, so all my other dogs are entered B.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Well I don't wanna do B and I am out of B just as soon as I can be! Hey, which is now I guess, since Simon got his last RN leg! ;D

A classes are smaller, and it seems like they score a little easier. I need all the help I can get. :-[

Dayna, I actually have an email in to the AKC asking the very question you asked. It sounds like we have our answer, but if I hear from them I'll post what they say.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

So, let me see if I've got this straight:

Rally Advanced and Excellent B are for:

People who are going for RAE legs,

or people who are showing in the same class for 60 days after they've gotten their title,

or people who have titled dogs in obedience?

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus
    So, let me see if I've got this straight:

Rally Advanced and Excellent B are for:

People who are going for RAE legs,

or people who are showing in the same class for 60 days after they've gotten their title,

or people who have titled dogs in obedience?
    That's the way I understand it!