Betsy

Thread: Betsy

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultBetsy

Got my conformation back from Columbus All-Breed. What did Terry decide? You two going to Butler?
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Betsy

Susan - Still waiting for a decision from Terry. I reminded him that both close on April 11th and now is probably a good time to send in the appls. For us the distance is just about the same - 150 miles and 2 1/2 hours. Its too far to do the drive two days in a row so if Terry decides he wants to show both days, I think we will have to stay overnight at least one night and maybe two.

Are you doing Akron All Breed May 12 & 13th? Its the same weekend as the Miami Valley Labrador Show in Hamilton. One year I would really like to do just a lab show. Since Akron is a whole lot closer, I'm guessing we will do that one. I see that there is still no inside crating in Akron so I hope it will be a cooler day.

Did you do Pittsburgh yet? I know the weekend after this is Youngstown. Seems like we are entering the busy show season. I know Terry will do at least some days at the Canton shows and then Toledo the weekend after Canton. He will not do any outside shows so we might be on hiatus in July and August. I might do some Rally with Doro - depends on how close we get to RAE2. I am still hoping the UD comes pretty soon so we can go back to Agility before both of us forget all we know.

Betsy
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    Are you doing Akron All Breed May 12 & 13th? Its the same weekend as the Miami Valley Labrador Show in Hamilton. One year I would really like to do just a lab show. Since Akron is a whole lot closer, I'm guessing we will do that one. I see that there is still no inside crating in Akron so I hope it will be a cooler day.
    No, I won't be doing Akron. That Friday night we're going to a play. A young friend of mine got the lead in her school play. She asks us every year and she has all ready given me the date for it. That Friday.

The other two days I'm vending up at the Ravenna shows at the fair grounds. I don't think it is fair to leave my partner for that long both days. To show in the same building is one thing but to have to walk down to the building, not have any crating, etc. No, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    Did you do Pittsburgh yet? I know the weekend after this is Youngstown. Seems like we are entering the busy show season. I know Terry will do at least some days at the Canton shows and then Toledo the weekend after Canton. He will not do any outside shows so we might be on hiatus in July and August. I might do some Rally with Doro - depends on how close we get to RAE2. I am still hoping the UD comes pretty soon so we can go back to Agility before both of us forget all we know.
    Pittsburg is this weekend. It has been such a crazy week that I have not really been able to work Caleb much. We'll see. I don't like the judges at the Canton show, plus we're having a CGC/TDI test that Saturday. The April Toledo weekend I'm going to the seminar at Cleveland All-Breed. The other Toledo weekend there is a breed judge I want to show Caleb to. But, I'll have to see where we are at that point in time.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan - Good luck this weekend in Pittsburg. Are you doing just Utility or Open too? Terry is leaning towards Butler - I will let you know for sure when he decides. I think it better be quick!!!

I understand about Akron - Friday night is Rally and I may or may not enter Doro. Some days he's really interested and other days I know he's just not and I am not going to push him. I met a woman who does Delta Pet Partners certification and she also works with the READ program at the Bay Village schools - Reading Educational Assistance Dogs. I have always wanted to have Doro be able to be one of those pups. He passed the TDI tests but hates linoleum so hospitals are out but a school might be OK. Delta re-certifies every two years and there is a recertification test this weekend. I am going to go to see what its like. I would love to do some kind of volunteer work with both Doro and Shamrock and maybe this will be that opportunity.

I am sorry you won't be at Akron All Breed but I do understand - business is important and you are thoughtful to consider your partner. Terry couldn't do the Sandra Ludwig seminar at CABTC because its the last weekend of the tax season and he will be so busy - just too much business to pass up even if he could have taken the time which is doubtful.

I know Terry has been frustrated with Shamrock and training this week - so I think he is concerned about the Siberian Husky show. I did tell him about the carpet being slippery. I'll keep you posted and again - I hope you do really well in Pittsburgh. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon