Novice A -- First Place (Sunday)

Thread: Novice A -- First Place (Sunday)

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultNovice A -- First Place (Sunday)

Yes, yes, yes!!!! We got first place today!!!! Out of 8 dogs, 6 qualified. So, it really was a hard competition today with many dogs and handlers feeling more relaxed on the last day and doing really well. I'm so proud of Scotty!!!

Again, perfect stand for exam and recall and stays. Got 1.5 points off on heel on leash and figure 8. and 4 points off on heel free (he was lagging on an about turn and I gave him a command). So, with a score of 194.5, we got first place. The dog that came in first yesterday, came in second today (also a Lab; go Labs!).

Ok, Potomac, here we come, be ready for us!!! ;D (I am actually very excited that we still have one more leg to get and that we hopefully will get it at the most spectacular Labrador show in the world).

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Novice A -- First Place (Sunday)

Alright Way to go!!!!!! you now have 9points in first and foremost toward the number one Novice A dog in the country. And the Potomac will be a great place to get your title!!

Kelly and Amber

patm is offline Senior Member

That's just WONDERFUL!!!! Way to go guys!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

you now have 9points in first and foremost toward the number one Novice A dog in the country.
    Kelly, how do you determine the number of points? TIA

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!! I am excited for you. ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Way to go Scotty and Tatyana! I'm personally thrilled that he might finish at the Potomac!

you can compete in Novice A for 60 days after you get your title(3rd leg). So to make a good run at the top spot in the country you enter every show you can possibly get to in that time. And of course you want to get the highest scores possible. Also you can continue to compete in Novice A even if you get a High in Trial. However once you get a H.I.T. in Novice B you can no longer compete in Novice. I didn't know about the national ranking for novice A so I missed a few shows I could have gone to with Amber. Since this is your only Novice A dog you are allowed this is your only chance to go for this ranking.

Score - Points
    200 = 8
    198-199.5 = 7
    195-197.5 = 6
    190-194.5 = 5
    185-189.5 = 4
    180-184.5 = 3
    175-179.5 = 2
    170-174.5 = 1

You can go to frontandfinish.com and look it up on the FAQ page. Front and finish is the magazine that publish' the results. Their ratings page is still down > but should be up soon...I hope. The FAQ page will give you info. Front and finish also has their own awards that you can qualify for just look at the FFX page.

Kelly and Amber

Don't forget she is also getting points for Delaney. She got either 9 or 10 on Sat (depending on if there were 11 or 12 dogs competing) and if the same # of dogs competed on Sun she got either 10 or 11 pts.

ohh yeah for the Delaney system you also get points for Dogs beaten so if you place in Novice A then you get 1 point for every dog below your placement. They also publish the Delaney system in Front and Finish.

Kelly and Amber