Acrobatic Left Finishes

Thread: Acrobatic Left Finishes

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultAcrobatic Left Finishes

Zeke loves his left finishes a bit *too* much, I think.

Originally he started just walking around to the left and back to heel...

Then he started jumping and then turning around to heel....

Then he started jumping and after he lands, spinning really fast into heel like a deranged top.

Then he started vaulting off things if I stood to close to them - like the time I stood in front of the stove and said "finish" - he jumped onto the stove and then jumped down into heel.

Now he's started jumping vertically and swinging his rear around in mid-air to slam into my hip. Then he falls directly into heel and is already sitting before he touches the ground.

I doubt his hip-slams are legal in the ring, but they're rather amusing (although I have to be careful to not be caught off balance!)

Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Acrobatic Left Finishes

Ah yes! The acrobatic left finish! How well I know it. Emilu started right off doing a leap up and twist around in the air when doing left finishes. Although I must say that she has never done the bounce off an object, crash into my leg, leg in sit , style ;D She loves it so much that I am not trying to train her differently. There are so many things that I correct her on, that I don't want to take this one on too. So we are working on our right finish. In regular obediecne you can finish any way you want to (at least in novice) so that's OK. In Rally, you might have to do either a left finish or a right finish. The thing I have to do when we do a front and then finish is get her attention so she doesn't automatically do a left finish if a right is called for. We have never had points taken off in Rally for the "left flourish finish" .

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

...Now he's started jumping vertically and swinging his rear around in mid-air to slam into my hip. Then he falls directly into heel and is already sitting before he touches the ground.
    My black Lab used to finish like that. He didn't body slma me, but I had to make sure I was looking straight ahead or else I'd end up with a bloody lip from him jumping so high.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

Haha...I'll *try* to get a video this weekend, but the camera seems to disturb his usual activities - he must be afraid I will catch his criminal actions on tape.

He also does head-stands on the couch - but if he hears the camera he flops back down on his side and pretends to be 'normal.'
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure