Hey Betsy!

Thread: Hey Betsy!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultHey Betsy!

Are you and Terry thinking about going to Columbus All-Breed? I just ran off the premium list from their website. One of the judges there is the judge that gave Caleb HIT in South Carolina (Linda--did you catch that if you're reading this!). Nice man. Anyway, there is only one hotel that takes dogs over 30 pounds. They also have Rally both Saturday and Sunday. I did make a reservation at the Motel 6. I can always cancel it but since there is only one hotel listed that takes larger dogs I thought I would give you the heads up. Would be fun, but Terry and Shamrock could finish at Youngstown before then. ;D We need a few more!!! :
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hey Betsy!

Hi Susan - I was looking for a Caleb update and saw this message. How is he today? Good I hope with no back issues. I will check with Terry about Columbus. I know he's interested in the Butler Trial the next weekend so we will probably go there. Shamrock won't finish at Youngstown. Because the trial is Easter weekend, we aren't going. I tried to get Terry to think about going on Saturday. I knew Rally on Good Friday was out. I will tell Terry about the hotel limits and I will make a reservation if he wants to go. I found a Siberain Husky All Breed Obedience trial on April 22nd at the Double Tree Inn in Independence. Actually its a 2 day all breed obedience but the same judge under whom Terry earned leg 1 is judging on Saturday so he can't show under her again. The premium might be on the web site - I think its Siberian Husky Club of Greater Cleveland. Dan Loreta told Terry the trial might already have been full by last weekend so we may end up in Columbus if we don't get into the Siberian show. The Rally show is Siberians only just FYI.
    Have a good weekend. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

I showed at the Siberian Husky show last year. Caleb did not like jumping on the rug--he slipped and would not do any of the Open jumps. So, I figure, why bother. Butler is the same weekend as Columbus cause I was thinking of going to Butler but decided to try Columbus instead.

I understand about the Good Friday and Easter. I'm showing on Saturday. With Mom gone now it is just me and Lew and as long as I'm not showing on Easter Sunday, that is what is important for us. Some of my students and staff wanted to go to the Rally trial and wanted to go with me so I am going to the Rally. Again, with Mom gone, Lew and I don't do much for Good Friday.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Susan - I will let Terry know about the rug at Siberian Husky. I hadn't really thought about that but it makes sense since the show is in a hotel. I have to check the calendar - I thought Columbus was 4/21 - 4/23 and Butler was the next weekend. After I write this, I will look at the AKC web site to get my dates organized in my head.
    I would have gone to Youngstown on Saturday if Terry would have but he will be very busy that day doing taxes since the deadline is the next weekend. While I would have liked to do Rally, it would be hard for me to do that on Good Friday. Terry and I have usually spend some time at Church on Good Friday so we will do that this year I am sure. Each person makes the decision that is right for them and that is A-OK with me. I will miss seeing you as Youngstown is usually a fun show.

How's Caleb? Is his back OK after the scare last week? B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock

Licking River and Central Ohio is the week before. I don't care for the judges who will be there which is why I'm not going for that one. I do have the premium for the Columbus All-Breed in front of me and the trial dates are April 28 and 29. Thave two days of Rally, too.

The church Lew and I go to does not have Good Friday services just Easter Sunday. Sometimes we go out to my Aunt's for dinner on Good Friday but then we end up going back out for Easter Sunday, too, and that get to be too much for my Aunt. Plus, I think I mentioned one of my students who is an older lady wants me to take her and her dog. I keep telling myself it is about the people!

Caleb is doing much better. Lew took him to the chiropractor and she worked on him a while. He has his nice level top-line back again and I worked him for a couple hours yesterday with a bunch of people (we got together and rented a facility). Harry with the black Lab in Utility was there with his SU Sherry, Dave with the PWD, Peggy with the Border Collie, my friend Jean and her Golden, Libby and her Corgi. Was good and Caleb did not hesitate at all on the jumps or signals. Thanks for asking.

Ok, I'll admit, I do hope you two come down to the Columbus All-Breed trial. Would be fun to spend the weekend with you two!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Susan - I mentioned Columbus All Breed to Terry and he is thinking about it. You are of course 100% correct about the dates. I had Columbus All Breed confused with Central Ohio KC which is the 21st & 22nd. I would rather do Columbus but I am not the decision maker on this. I'll keep you posted. Isn''t the judge on the 1st day in Utility A the HIT judge from SC? I'd want to show with him again too if I had the opportunity.

Glad to hear that Caleb is OK. I think he just wanted a good massage. They are funny and babies sometimes and I guess that's why we love them so much because we have to interpret their needs.

If you decide to get a group together again, I imagine Terry might be interested so let us know. I would love to spend the weekend with you and Caleb too and to meet Lew if he is coming with you. Lots of shows coming up and we won't do all of them so I will try to head Terry in the right direction - that is where our friends will be. B
    Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    Isn''t the judge on the 1st day in Utility A the HIT judge from SC?

Glad to hear that Caleb is OK. I think he just wanted a good massage. They are funny and babies sometimes and I guess that's why we love them so much because we have to interpret their needs.

If you decide to get a group together again, I imagine Terry might be interested so let us know. I would love to spend the weekend with you and Caleb too and to meet Lew if he is coming with you. Lots of shows coming up and we won't do all of them so I will try to head Terry in the right direction - that is where our friends will be. B
    Yes, that is the judge!

I'll let you know about the group thing. Or if you and Terry would want to come down to my building sometime that would be fine, too.
    Susan

www.labmed.org