Great! Here we go again!

Thread: Great! Here we go again!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultGreat! Here we go again!

Yesterday Lew was at the building doing some work and I went to get the vacuum to clean up before the classes started. When I went to go to the back room, Caleb came tearing around me, ran into the x-pen I use to divide the rooms went flying into a chair and sent it flying. I have never heard him scream like that before! Even Lew dropped his tools. Well, he seemed fine and I worked him in the conformation class but this morning I noticed his back being roached slightly. Gave him some homeopathic stuff and called the chiropractor. Lew takes him tomorrow.

Now, the good part--I was able to work him lightly today. Did some go-outs, retrieves, scent articles without him having any problems. But I did not jump him. Too close to show season really getting started to mess around with his back. Lew wants to be sure he's ok and that it isn't going to lock up on him.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Great! Here we go again!

Keep us updated on your boy. Caleb, you need to be more careful of your body and quit scaring your mom and dad!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

patm is offline Senior Member

Caleb has to learn that he's not a pup anymore. Quit doing those things buddy! Hope he is OK tomorrow.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

They do think they are younger than they are, don't they?

I hope Caleb's back is ok. I know how it is to have one with back issues. You hold your breath with every jump, bump, misstep.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    I know how it is to have one with back issues. You hold your breath with every jump, bump, misstep.
    Isn't that the truth?! He is just soooooooooooo wild over that vacuum cleaner! At least we're getting him in right away so it won't lock up on him like it did before. His holistic vet told me I should just get him adjusted on a regular basis between what we do and how crazed he is.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan - Oh Wow. Doro and Shamrock and Terry & I are sending good vibes Caleb's way that he is OK and was just scared. I am sure you and Lew are worried about Caleb. Proof that no matter how vigilant one is, these pups move faster than we can. You are in our thoughts - glad you were able to do some light work with Caleb and that he responded willingly. That is a good sign. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon