Really pissed - dog show entry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really pissed - dog show entry

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultReally pissed - dog show entry

I had entered a Rally show at the end of month in Toledo through Info Dog. I just got a message on the phone saying that the show was only for POODLES!!!! It is sponsered by the 'Key to the Sea Poodle Club" and now that I look at Infodog, the entries above the Rally ones say S,O, JHS (not sure about that last one, but not going back to look either), but the Rally one is by itself and it doens't say ANYWHERE , including the entry , that it is only for POODLES! The call was from the show secretary, and she suggested that I notified Infodog by tomorrow (last day for entries). I hope that they can at least transfer my fees to another show. I probably should have realized that the entry above mine meant that even rally was a specialty - but I didn't! The real bite is - I paid 78 dollars for 2 show because it is extra for a show secretary. I guess I won't enter through infodog anymore - but I sure hope they will either reimburse me, or transfers the fees. Or else they just keep them, because the Poodle Club didn't get them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Really pissed - dog show entry

Yeah, I'm real careful with Infodog. They get you coming and going! I paid the extra for an obedience trial once. Once mind you!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

I have often gone to the AKC website first to check if it is a breed speciality in obedience or Rally when a breed club is sponsoring.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I don't mind info dog but i always find the shows on the AKC event search and then enter from there. The reason I do that is because some shows around here have their own trial secretary adn don't use Info Dog and ALL shows are on AKC. Also alot more specialty shows are having all-breed Obedience and Rally.

Kelly and Amber

I didn't realize you could find and enter dog shows on the AKC site. Does it tell you that a particular show is only for a certain breed? I think that one resason I didn't realize it was all poodles is that the Rally entry is given on a separate line and not with the other things. To tell the truth, I'm not sure I would have realized that it was only for poodles even if it had been with the others. But since it was all by itself, I definetly didn't know. Does the AKC site explain things better?

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    I didn't realize you could find and enter dog shows on the AKC site. Does it tell you that a particular show is only for a certain breed? I think that one resason I didn't realize it was all poodles is that the Rally entry is given on a separate line and not with the other things. To tell the truth, I'm not sure I would have realized that it was only for poodles even if it had been with the others. But since it was all by itself, I definetly didn't know. Does the AKC site explain things better?
    You can't enter on the AKC site, but when you do a search it will list the various events.Then click on the club on the left had side. Then info that is then listed will tell you if it is breed specific. For example, When I asked for Rally and a Sheltie club was offering Rally, I clicked on the club and this came up

http://www.akc.org/events/search/ind...stkhldr_event=

Scroll down just a tad and you'll see RALLY: Shetland Sheepdog....breed specfic

If all breeds are allowed, it will look like this:

http://www.akc.org/events/search/ind...stkhldr_event=

Hope this helped.

If the show hasn't closed yet I don't see why you shouldn't be able to get your entry back.

To search for AKC events, go to http://www.akc.org click on events, events and award search. This allows you to search by event type (obedience, rally, conformation, etc), state, timeframe, etc. Under the club/location heading, it will tell you if the show has been approved for a specific breed specialty or "all AKC recognized breeds"

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    It is sponsered by the 'Key to the Sea Poodle Club" and now that I look at Infodog, the entries above the Rally ones say S,O, JHS (not sure about that last one, but not going back to look either),
    I'm pretty sure that JHS means they are offering a Jr Handling class (for conformation). S is specialty and O is for obedience.

Thanks for all the tips - I think I have it now (for the moment anyways ) I called infodog, and they said that if the trial secretary sent the money back they would credit my card. So I called the club secretary and she said "oh - OK , I'll send the check back" I won't get the 30 dollar charge for the secretary, but something is better than nothing . This lesson learned

Some is definitely better than none.

OOPS!! Yeah I meant I find the shows on the AKC site then go to the superintendants sites to enter if I can or enter through Info Dog or through the trial secratary.
    Also if you go to www.akc.org/events/search/index.cfm and then click the Obedience/agility/Rally tab it will say on the list of shows in blue what breeds are allowed in the shows. You also have to watch for All breeds where there are specialties the same weekend close by. If there is a close lab specialty they won't allow labs in the All breed show. But it will be listed on the premium.

Kelly and Amber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast