Ruger - Sat. Utility A Results

Thread: Ruger - Sat. Utility A Results

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRuger - Sat. Utility A Results

WOOHOO... HE DID THE SIGNAL EXERCISE!!!

I'm so stinkin' proud of my boy. OMG. He really did it. His down was very slow but he popped right up to the sit and ran home on the recall part That alone was worth the trip.

Scent articles, he got the first one. 2nd one, he didn't even try, he went out to the pile and just took one. It's funny, but I can tell when he's going to do this. He get's this look in his eye, kind of a wanderlust look. He half-heartedly sniffed one article and then just picked one.

Directed Retrieve (Gloves). We got Glove #2. He went right out, stopped to look over the gating, then picked it up and came back very well.

Moving Stand, he nailed it. The judge had me leave my dog, and then he was standing there showing the ring steward how to do something, and THEN he went over to examine Ruger. Oh La. At least this is Ruger's good exercise

Directed Jumping... on the first go out he would only go about five feet from me. I tried to send him again, but he wouldn't go. Judge told me "You can set up closer to the jumps this time". So I took advantage of that and moved forward about four or five feet. Sent him out for the second go, and he did it beautifully, turned and sat square. But, when he headed for the high jump, he decided to veer around it instead.

All in all I'm very proud. Just getting those signals... I can't tell you... I never thought we'd get there!

Scoring was...

Signals - 8 (I'm sure his long time to down was a big point deduction)
    Scent #1 - 1/2
    Scent #2 - NQ
    Dir. Retrieve - 3
    Moving Stand - 1
    Dir Jumping NQ.

We head back tomorrow. Maybe we'll get one more exercise in this time

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ruger - Sat. Utility A Results

It's coming together!! Good luck tomorrow!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Linda, that is great!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Great progress on the signals! Utility scares me.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Don't let it scare you. It's FUN. Honestly, for me it is the most fun of the obedience classes!!! I'm much more relaxed in the ring and am really enjoying it. Hopefully one of these days we will get a Q or three

Too bad on teh NQ.

While I am a long ways from Utility (haven't done novice yet withthe kids), I agree about it being fun. I am having a blast training the exercises. It sure breaks up the monotony of Novice training!

Woohoo!!!! I'm so very proud of you guys! Just take it one small step at a time. He got signals this time so next time you can concentrate on go outs or whatever else you choose. Eventually it will all come together.

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Signals - 8 (I'm sure his long time to down was a big point deduction)
    I don't think the judge hit you for 8 pts for the length of time to down. Maybe 3 pts but even that would be harsh if the dog was working...no matter how slowly. Remember the signal score includes heeling so if you normally lose points heeling (forge, lag, wide, bumps) that's where some pts come from. Also on signals any forward movement is penalized so if the dog creeps forward on the down and/or the sit that's where you will lose points too.