Private Lesson Tomorrow Afternoon

Thread: Private Lesson Tomorrow Afternoon

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultPrivate Lesson Tomorrow Afternoon

I have a private lesson with the OTCh handler/instructor/judge that I take lessons from. This weekend we're entered in Utility both Saturday and Sunday. Man, at class Tuesday she nailed me on how I walk! : So, I get to go learn how to walk! I have known that some of what I do throws Caleb off, so we'll see what she has to say.

His moving stand is getting better. Even when he gets examined it is getting better! YES! Thank you Lord! Now, if we can put it all together Saturday and Sunday........ Think
    green my sweet boy! Over all he is working better so I know it is a matter of time. Did some Open work with him today, too.

So, tomorrow I get to go learn how to walk!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Private Lesson Tomorrow Afternoon

Okay, so what are you doing wrong when you walk. You looked okay to me at the show. I really didn't see anything that amiss.

I have come to realize that I need to lean slightly back a bit on the halts to get a nice, prompt sit out of Ruger in the signals exercise heeling.

I'm showing this weekend as well.... at the Haunted plantation at Hilton Head. Seriously, I swear it's haunted. Last time I competed there Ruger would not move past this one point in the ring. Mom was taking pictures and when we had them developed there was an orb about a foot away from him, just hovering above the ground. OY! And so I'm going back there to try again

My instructors are constantly picking on the way I walk. I am so knock kneed and pigeon toed that there is not a prayer of me ever being graceful in the ring. I swear I can be standing still and fall over sometimes!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Our trainer has to always remind me to keep the rhythm when we heal and drive.

We'll be sending GREEN thoughts for you over the weekend.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I guess I bounce when I start and with my fast I smack my feet. She wants to get me to smooth out. Actually when I was thinking about it, I can see what she was saying. I tend to be swayback and if I don't think about it I walk that way rather than keeping my hips under me. From what she said and with working since Tuesday, I think that is what she is talking about. Find out this afternoon! She just feels Caleb is such a quality dog that I need to give him the fairest shot as I can, and I do agree. Around here that 197 that got us the HIT down there would not have even placed. Competition is so tough around here!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org