Starting new classes, shows coming up!

Thread: Starting new classes, shows coming up!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultStarting new classes, shows coming up!

This week starts our new session of classes. Tonight Mr. Simon is going to Level 3. He's already taken Level 3, but this is a different instructor. Actually, this is his agility instructor! So, by the end of the month, he'll be seeing her twice a week!

Friday nights we're taking Angus to the Rally practices.

Angus has a show coming up on March 17. Rally ADVANCED. No leash! It's in Chattanooga, and we just signed up for one day, just to see how it goes. The judge is a nice lady from our club. I hope he does well! It just all depends on how I handle warm-up, I think. I have to time it just right, and I'll have a good dog. :P

Simon will go for his final RN leg the following weekend, March 24. Again, just signed up for one day. Sigh. We'll see. It's at the same venue as his last show, but this time it's down on the arena floor on dirt. Some people seem to think this could be a problem, with the different surface and all the smells, etc. I dunno. I do know that I am not going to get too upset this time if it doesn't work out. ;D

So, that's our update for March!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Starting new classes, shows coming up!

You're braver than I am :P

Zeke shows twice in March...in Novice B. I couldn't bring myself to check the Advanced box on the entry form - it would have been too traumatizing for me :P
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

Good luck!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Advanced is so much more fun. All that adrenaline coursing through your veins as you hope that your dog doesn't run amok when he realizes that he is off leash!! Ahh the fond memories of my heart beating 200 times a minute as I take off Ambers leash. That wild eye look she then gets.
    Don't worry you will be fine. Just keep Angus's attention. I mean whats the worst that could happen? Sure he could take off and buzz the ring then the whole show, getting the dogs in the obedience ring on their long downs to chase him or he could run through and eat the judges lunches off the tables. Or perhaps slobber on the best in toy group dog till he is all slimed. Don't worry i am sure none of those things would ever occur to sweet innocent Angus ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously you and he will do just fine. If amber and I can do it then you definately can.
    Good luck and make sure you get a blue ribbon to go with the green one you will get!!

Kelly and Amber