Entered in Rally on March 23rd

Thread: Entered in Rally on March 23rd

DefaultEntered in Rally on March 23rd

Belle is going for her 3rd RAE leg, Kodi her first RAE leg and Hoss his first RE leg. So, while I was training Kodi tonight (and Belle was in her ex-pen, watching), I looked over and as I was giving Kodi commands and signals, I noticed poor ol' Belle was doing the exercises in her ex-pen! (Sits, downs, stands...) I'll admit I have not done much training with Belle lately, she's pretty much automatic, especially with Rally exercises. So, I put Kodi away in her ex-pen and got Belle out. YOWZERS! Guess she was primed to train! While not absolute in precision, she was leaping and twisting to the best of her ability to do finishes, heel backs, moving downs and stands. And look out when I spit food to reward, she just about took my lips off!

I can start to see her eyes grey. I worry about her jumping in Rally, but have not been able to practice to see if her vision is being affected. Last year, I could see a change in her eyes, and there was no problem with her jumping at all. Hope I can get her RAE in this year. Otherwise, she is just as spry as she was when she was 2 or three years old. (She's 8 1/2)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Entered in Rally on March 23rd

isn't it amazing how they still want to be part of everything...I don't have Riley in any formal classes right now but train him a little on Saturdays and an occasional fun run..lately he has been doing his fun runs like he was a 2 year old again (he's 9)..he's so excited to get out there again..his eyes were clouding so I took him to the eye vet when I took Robbie in and she said he was still good for agility..just some aging changes but nothing serious yet..**G**..so he's entered in a trial the end of the month to see if we can finish his open standard agility title

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

But, I would think even at her age and jumping only 16 inches, Rally would not be a problem for her. I would think that finishing her this year is reasonable, too. Do well. Caleb and I are entered Friday night for our 3rd RAE leg (entered cause a friend of mine wants to finish her RA but does not like to drive at night so I said I'd take her. Same with another show next month.)
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

Good luck with your shows! I know what you mean about them wanting to train. Skippy is very jealous of the time that Emilu gets with me during training. I plan on working with him too and maybe even taking some basic obedience again later this spring and trying for an RN later. A couple a months ago I worked with him a little just so he could "get treats" too. As I was working him on leash, giving simple commands, "sit, laydown , heel, etc" there was Emilu right be his side, marching along doing everything with us - too cute!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

That was such a good story Karen.

Angus sometimes does the exercises behind the baby gate in the kitchen when I'm working with Simon. Oh, and the past couple of weeks I've been trying to get Simon to "weave" through my legs. Angus just WHINES when I tell Simon to "weave." It's his favorite trick and he is green with jealousy!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

My agility trainer has a lab Kobe, http://www.citrushill.homestead.com/Kobe.html , that is 9 1/2 and still running agility he has a MACH and is working on a PAX(prefered Mach) just for the fun of it. She might take him back out of prefered and put him back in regular just for a Mach 2 after he finishes the PAX. This dog acts like a 2 year old and gets mad if he doesn't get to run at a show. He is just one of those labs that refused to grow up..lol

Kelly and Amber

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Good luck! It's funny how they WANT to train so badly. With the time change and the nice weather, I have been doing about 10 minutes of practice with each of mine. Maddy is just beside herself being out to train.

I have a show on 4/14...Hudler is going for his RN title. Maddy is going for her second RA leg.

I am also going to an LRC match this weekend with Grace. If she does well in rally and her sub-novice obedience, we are going to pursue those and take a break from the breed ring...Grace is funny because I have not spent nearly enough time training her, but when I do, she does things right. I think she picked it up from watching!!!!