Our looooooooong weekend

Thread: Our looooooooong weekend

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultOur looooooooong weekend

Well, we had three days of obedience at our show, with driving back and forth an hour and a half--meant we were up by 4:30 each morning. Friday, as I mentioned we nq'd in both. In Utility it was due to an Akita barking as I gave the come signal and in Open he went down on his sit.

Yesterday Utility was better but didn't do the go-outs. We did q in Open with a 197 which was 1/2 point out of the ribbons.

Today we q'd in Utility and even took third place. Was not pretty at all. Walked in on the moving stand when I called him to heel, which is not like him. Directed jumping we lost 8 points there alone because of a slow response, coming out short and I had to hold my signal on the first jump. Second one was much better. Went down on the sit in Open again.

I have decided that I'm giving Caleb through the National and if things don't improve he's retired and I will concentrate on Micah.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Now's the time to start Agility with him!

Sounds like a really long weekend. All that driving gets so tiresome, I can only do two day shows, and by the 2nd day I'm burned out with the driving.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

or hunt tests. That is where I am going with Kona. Sorry things weren't better this weekend.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats on the Q's you did get..hoping things work out for you and Caleb

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post
    Now's the time to start Agility with him!
    I probably won't do agility with him because of the injuries he's had. I might do some hunt tests and get his JH though. We'll see. My instructors are having me come to class early again to work on stuff. I'll tell you, they are so wonderful. I cannot tell you how many times they have had us come to class early to work on stuff and don't charge me anything extra.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

I hear you about the driving to shows, especially when you get into UDX level because Utility and Open always seem to be first thus earlier starts. I'm only in Open now so get a little bit more time than the Utility folks .... though always an early start up at 4am out the door by 5:00am. I limit my shows to a two hour driving radius otherwise it is an overnighter.

Congratulations on the Q's that you did get. Utility there is so much that can boggle you up that it is great when everything does come together I don't know you that well as I'm new to the forum but what I can tell you've done some great things with your labs

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the Q's. I bet Caleb would enjoy hunt tests!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

jebsmama is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on your qs! How is Micah coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by jebsmama View Post
    How is Micah coming along?
    LOL! You mean my wild child? Let's put it this way--his breeder said she'd be really suprised if he was in the obedience ring before he was 3. I think she's right!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

I so know what you mean about long weekends.
    Thursday I had to be at the show by 6:30am to set up rings and build jumps and rally courses then I stewarded for both the corgi and the cocker specialty both obedience and rally, then I had lunch and had to wait a couple of hours for the agility equipment to arrive then had to build the agility rings/drop bars and set up timers/tables build jumps etc..so I didn't get out of there till 7:00pm.

Friday I had to be there by 6:00am to finish building agility and make sure everything was setup. I worked 5 of the 6 classes as either chute setter or leash runner, ran Amber in Exc Std and open JWW, built both the open and novice courses and set bars for Saturday;s courses. So I was out of there by about 6pm.

Saturday again 6am to build courses worked 5 of 6 classes again ran in Agility std and JWW built novice and open agility courss and this time had to tear down some of the rings so they could till the ground and make it soft again. so out by 6pm again

Sunday had to be there by 5am to build courses and put rings back up, worked only 4 of 6 classes in agility, went across the fairgrounds and competed in Obedience Open A back to agility and built Open and Novice courses, and then built Mondays courses, stayed late and watched a movie and had dinner was out of there by 8:30pm.

Monday I got there at 6am and built courses worked 5 of 6 classes, ran agility with Amber, built open and novice courses, tore down and packed all the stuff back in the trailer, and was done and out of there by 5pm.

So I think I worked about 50 hours at the show not counting the time I was running Amber in either Obedience or Agility. Luckily the show this coming weekend is only a two day show so we don't have to set up till about 2 pm on Friday. I think the next weekend I am not going to be at a dog show is July 11th and 12th and I am so looking forward to a break..lol

Kelly and Amber
    Last edited by Amber The Duck Dawg; 05-28-2009 at 12:07 AM.
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca