I am having soooo much fun in my Sat and Mon classes! (got rambly)

Thread: I am having soooo much fun in my Sat and Mon classes! (got rambly)

DefaultI am having soooo much fun in my Sat and Mon classes! (got rambly)

Both of these classes are at the instructor's house, in her training barn. Each class has two instructors and only two students in one and four in the other. (These are the OTCH folks). Kodi is in the Sat. class and we are training go-outs and the drop on recall. What a difference it makes when the teacher/student ratio is that small!

Anyways, Kodi was the star of the class Saturday. While the total exercise is not finished yet, for only having 4 classes so far, we are to the point where the 'focus' head set is vulture-like (staring at the end of the ring at the stanchion), the go-outs are straight, and the turn and sit (and a smidgeon of a sit-back) is straight. Next week we work in some jumping, and I know Kodi will get off on that. I only wish the weather would cooperate and we could start training in other places. My living room is tiny, and 10 foot go-outs are getting boring. We are a long ways from even the Novice competition, but I AM getting excited to start. I hope to polish heeling in a ring situation as we work on her RAE this spring and summer. That's Kodi's only "not perfect" exercise. (I know it's the most important). She is not as focused as Hoss, who rivals those heads up kinda goldens. (Unless I chatter at her. She tends to look around a lot, even though she stays in heel position).

Hoss, well there are times I want to neuter him with rusty toenail clippers! When he is on and focused (on me), he is perfect. When his testicles are tingling, well.....I need a chiropractor from his lunging at other dogs. (There is not a mean bone in his body, it's amorous/play, but still, to a nervous Sheltie, it's not appreciated. Maybe I need one of those Teurv's to whip his ass!! kidding!) I hope tomorrow night in his class he forgets how sexy the Golden looked in his Wednesday night class.

[/ramble]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I am having soooo much fun in my Sat and Mon classes! (got rambly)

sounds like they are all doing good.

patm is offline Senior Member

Isn't it great to have fun in class and enjoy your doggies - even when they're being buttheads? ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sounds like an ideal place to go and train! Glad you are having fun with it.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you train the "focus" like we train the "look" before the go-outs. Sounds fun! I know most are OTCh people in my class as well.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org