Sunday Morning Run-Thru

Thread: Sunday Morning Run-Thru

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultSunday Morning Run-Thru

Well, considering it was snowing pretty good when I got up and on the way to Cleveland, I admit, I did think about turning around and coming home. :P Roads were terrible but I kept on, taking my time.

Did Open first and over all it went well. His attention was off during the DOR so I did a signal rather than a verbal. Surprise number one for a particular Labrador! Then on the heel free, I lost him on an about that is to a baby-gate next to crating. I just reached down with my right hand and patted him on the rear and told him to get it around. Surprise number two for a particular Labrador! My, my the look on his face! His heeling was really nice after that. ;D

In Utility, I took my clicker in with me. Signals went fine--nice front a little off on the finish. Did reinforce with the clicker when I turned around and on the drop and sit. Articles were fine, gloves fine. Moving stand he only moved to square himself. Much improvement, but will keep working on it. The exam part he did not move when the lady examined him!!!!! ;D A FIRST!!!!! ;D ;D The first go out he tried to go into that right hand corner again but I got him and took him to the spot for the go out. Next two were perfect and he did not walk in!!!! The look on his face when he did turn and sit was great! ;D None of the stress and decision making process. The confidence that I have been seeing at the building showed up! I do believe taking the clicker in to reinforce without me going out to him really did help his confidence. Perhaps it is all starting to click in that little yellow fuzzy brain!

So, March 10 and 11 is our next trial. Would be nice.....................
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sunday Morning Run-Thru

Sounds like you had a productive day I bet you had a giggle to yourself, seeing the surprise on him when you did things you normally don't do during competition.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Sounds like it was a productive time in the ring. I'm sure you and Caleb will do well in March. We went to a show and go this afternoon. Kona's biggest problem right now is forging!! I kept stopping and moving backwards ........ he did some quick back pedaling to get back in heel postion. This was our last show and go before our trials on the 3rd and 4th.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lcspt
    This was our last show and go before our trials on the 3rd and 4th.
    This was our last before our show the weekend after yours.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boys Mom
    I just reached down with my right hand and patted him on the rear and told him to get it around.
    HEHE! I pinch Murray's butt on the about in training. You are right a little goose seems to put a bounce in their step.

Woohoo! on the moving stand. It sounds like Caleb is starting to understand that you aren't going to leave him to the wolves out there all alone.

It's so much fun to see their confidence return.

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs

Woohoo! on the moving stand. It sounds like Caleb is starting to understand that you aren't going to leave him to the wolves out there all alone.

It's so much fun to see their confidence return.
    It does sound like that, doesn't it?! Mom isn't leaving him and he'll get to come right back. Man, the drop on recall and the out of sights were tough for us, too, but we got through that and we'll get through this! It is great fun to see that confidence return and the joy of working on their face.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Oh man, you two are going to ace the next show. I feel it in me bones, I do ;D ;D ;D
    I'm excited for you. It's so nice to see it getting better and better and better. Keep it up.