What a blessing!

Thread: What a blessing!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat a blessing!

For a couple of years now I have wanted one of the battery powered Ryobee fans to take to trials and shows. The fan itself isn't too bad--$30 but that does not include the batteries or charger. And now that I have two I really wanted a set. I have actually had someone move my crate and unplug my fan when I have left for a day. Talk about making me made! I had totally forgotten about signing up for the points reward thing with our Visa cards--the business and Lew's. I looked the other day and I had enough points to get two $100 gift cards from Home Depot! So, Saturday we went to Home Depot and I got two fans, four batteries, a charger and a new runner for the back door of the training center and wrote a check for not even $65!!! Now both boys will have fans and I have plenty of batteries. I'll be glad for shows like Winnebago to have them for! They are wonderful! What a blessing to have those two $100 gift cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

I've been looking at those too..there are a few shows we could use them at..I'll have to look a my points too..*G*

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Very cool, no pun intended. I got a D battery operated fan last year, and the 8 batteries lasted almost a whole year. I would rather have the rechargeable one but maybe I need to start collecting my points. I am near 5000!

Speaking of fans, I found these small fans for the car that plug into the cigarette lighter. I have an Element that doesn't have the best circulation in the back for the dogs, but I put one of those fans in the back plug and one in the front facing back, and it really helps. I got them at Walgreens of all places!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I love my Ryobee fan. I'll have to check my points and see if I can get another also!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

I have two of the Ryobi fans and 4 batteries but only one charger. I have found that the fans will run for 7 hours on high and 11 hours on low. I have the older yellow and black batteries (the cheap ones) they now have litiun ion batteries (green and black) that are supposed to last twice as long. I have found one charger is enough for two fans because the batteries charge in less than two hours, so I always charge one right when I get home and plug the other in before I go to bed.
    After over a year of using a fan I found that the battereies and everything is still going strong.

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I don't know the make of my fans, got them at Walmart in the camping section. They run on 8 DD batteries. And I've had the same batteries in them now for almost three years and they are still running (no charger). Granted I don't use them a lot. Probably a couple hours at a trial. But I'm amazed they are still running at all.

One of these days I'll need to get more batteries

Sounds like you made out well, Susan.